10. Chapter Confessions

You have brought you drinks and set on the beach, little further away from the party.

You both have thrown flirty glance at each other and shy attempts started to come closer to you.

After a while of silence, Justin started to talk.  

"Something has changed, right?", Justin says with a sad voice.

"Yes...sort of, but it doesn't mean to be something bad.", you say to cheer him up with a little smile on your face.

"This shouldn't have happen, I didn't mean to hurt you.", he apologizes to you.

"I know, Justin, you've already apologized servel times. And I'm here with you, right? I'm not angry anymore." ,you took his hand in yours and interlaced your fingers with each other.  

He smiles at you shyly, his eyes full of regrets.  

He hesitates, looks you straight in the eye and asks: "You've repeatedly said that you never want to be treated like that again."

You nod.

"What do you mean by that? What happened to you?", he asks hesitantly.

You look away and shake your head. You immediately get rid of his hand and fold your arms over your chest.  

"Did I something wrong?", he asks, confused and trying to stroke your shoulder, but you shrug off.  

"I don't want to talk about it.", you answer cold.  

"But...", he began.  

"No!", you spat interrupting him. 

He jerked back, he was unpleasantly surprised about your reaction.

An awkward and heavy silence is created between you two.

You can feel how he looks holes in the side of your head.

You look right on the ocean. He looks away and closes his eyes, not knowing what to do.  

After a time that felt like an eternity.  

"My ex-boyfriend Jason has beaten me before, not just once. I loved him so much that I let him do that to me. Much worse than the blows however were the words. He said such bad things to me. You know, words can be so hurtful, even more than beats, sometimes. I was young and stupid, but now I'm stronger. After 2 years of relationship I finally broke up with him, and walked out of this with my head held high.", you confess, you breathe deeply to tell more.  

Your voice breaks off temporarily, you fight back tears. Justin pulls you closer to him and puts his arm around your shoulder and this time you let him do so.

He gently strokes you on your arm. His other hand he clenched into a fist.

You feel that he inwardly seething cause of rage.

"A few days ago he texted me. We haven't spoken in months. I haven't thought about him since a long time and then out of nowhere he writes me. I wonder what he wants! What does he think this is?", you hesitate again and think a moment.

"Unimportant...however what I'm trying to explain is that you...ehm...The moment when you're freaked out in the car I got scared.", you confess and you wipe a tear from your cheek.       

Silence.

You keep up: "I felt reminded of all the horrible things I have been through. You know?"  

Justin's face looks as if he were in pain.  

"I would never hit a woman, ever. If I should ever meet this Jason I kill him. How can you treat a woman just like that?", he said with horror in his voice.