23. Chapter Love is a strong word, man!

~Meanwhile Justin~  

Two hour drive ahead of me. I can't believe what just happened.  

I try to call her.  

Ring ring ring...  

'This is the automatic mailbox of (Y/N), please leave your message after the tone.'  

beep  

“Hey Boo, I know that what you just said today wasn't the truth. I know that you care about me. So please call me. I-I...ehm...I'm waiting for your call. Take care.”  

We left Agrigento on the way to Catania, when suddenly my phone rang. Nervously I took it out of my pocket in the hope it would be (Y/N) but unfortunately it wasn't her.

“Fredo. What's up?”, I took the call.

“Hey man, I'm doing great! I've heard a few irritating news about you and pictures seen. How's it going with you?”, Fredo asked back.  

“Bro, don't ask. Massif drama. Unfortunately I can't speak freely at the moment. I'll call you in two hours, okay?”, I say, because I do still sit in the car with Salvatore.

“Sure. I'll wait.”, he replied confused.  

I feel so empty. I don't know what to do. Fortunately the ride is quickly passed to the airport.

Salvo has helped me to get my luggage out of the trunk, said goodbye and drove away, back to Agrigento.  

I took my things quickly and fled into the interior of the airport, as I have been surrounded by the paparazzi.

I looked at the departure plan, saw that my flight lifts off in 2 hours. I have procure myself something to eat and drink when I finally found a quiet place and dialled Fredos number.  

Ring ring ring  

“Justin!”, Fredo yelled to the speakers.  

“Hey, bro.”  

“Can you talk now?”, he asked.

“Yes, are you alone?”, I asked him to make sure, that no one else could eavesdrop on the convo.  

“Sure. So what ist going on?”, he asked curiously.  

“You have to swear by the lives of your loved ones that you won't tell anyone what I'm telling you now.”, I said emphatically, to make clear how serious it is.  

“Oh shit, that doesn't sound good. What the hell happened?”, he asked almost shocked.  

I told him everything. I know Gio has asked me to say anything to anyone, but I had to tell Fredo about it at least. He is one of the rare people I can trust.  

“Are you still there?”, I asked Fredo, after he hasn't said much in the convo during the last hour.

“Yes, I am. I-I just don't know what to think. That's all really incredible and dangerous.”, he says seriously.

“You really have to be careful. What are you going to do now?”, he asked me nervous.

“I don't know, I can take my plane in an hour, get out and try to forget everything. To forget (Y/N) and continue to live my life. Or I'll stay here and try to figure out what's really going on. Fredo, I really like her.”

“You love her!”, he corrected me.

“Love is a strong word, man!”, I devaluated.  

“Okay, if this is it, then just come back and forget it. I mean you know each other only for two weeks. You don't want to risk your life for someone you barely know yet. Your career is at stake and who knows if you guys would ever see each other again, even if all had gone normally.”, he said.