Mom, Please

Yes, I know, Prim isn't a minor so she shouldn't be up for adoption. Her mother is crazy, what do you expect? Enjoy.

**Prim's Point of View**

"Get up." my mom says.

"No, I'm not going."

"I have to make you presentable, so stand up so I can see what will look good on you."

What is my mom thinking? I can't go to an orphanage. What will happen?

What if a crazy person not much older "adopts" me and uses me for pleasure. That's gross.

"Stand." my mother commands.

Nervously I stand up and my mom circles me. I bite my lip and blood immediately breaks through the surface.

"I'll be back I have to ask the doctors a question."

I lay down on my bed and grab my phone. Knowing Pattie is here I text her.

Pattie my mom is here and she's making me get put up for adoption. What should I do? I can't go into an orphanage.

"Alright Prim, good news. You're getting discharged at 3:00. I will see you then with your dress."

What? This can't be. I must be dreaming. I call in a nurse and ask where Justin is.

I stand up and walk to the elevator and I got outside to see Justin for the last time.

"Prim, I'm so sorry dear. I just got your text." Pattie says giving me a hug, "When are you leaving."

"3:00."

"You're l-leaving? Where?" I hear Justin ask.

"M-My mom. She's making me get put up for adoption." I say.

"What type of mother is she! I'll punch the fuck out of her." Justin says loudly.

My eyes go wide. Where'd that come from?

"Sorry." he says looking down.

I laugh a little, "It's ok J."

"I don't want you to leave." he says quietly, "I'll miss you."

"You can visit me at the orphanage I think."

"But it won't be the same without you."

My phone goes off.

"Pattie, my mom's here." I say and start to cry.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry. I'll try to come and visit you when I can."

"Bye." I say and hug her.

"P-Prim?" Justin says.

I turn around and look at him.

"C-Can I h-hug you."

I nod my head and lean down. I wrap my arms around his neck and he kisses my cheek.

I stand up and wipe the tears from my eyes. I head back into the hospital and walk into my room.

"There you are!" my mom says.

I clench my fist. Why the hell is she doing this.

"Now, I've found an orphanage to take you to. They have children from age 15 to 20. I brought you this dress."

I look down at the dress and I look back up at my mom.

"Why can't I just wear what I have on."