British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

 Thoughts ran through of his head, and for the first time in two days, they were not about Nora Flynn.

What had been up with Dan?

Where did he go?

Was he kidnapped?

The last one seemed a bit ridiculous to Milo, but it was still possible. His brother had never just left him like that.

Suddenly, music started playing in the background, and Milo instantly recognised the song as 'Paradise' by the band Coldplay. Milo turned round to see a somebody dressed up in a grey elephant costume, skipping up the street from behind him. Behind the elephant, there was a blonde girl who looked familiar to Milo holding a boombox which was playing the track. Milo let a smile erupt on his face as the two crazy people skipped past him. They had to be high or something to go skipping round the streets of London dressed up as elephants. 

"Oi! You two! Stop there!" a voice shouted and Milo turned round to see a police man shouting at the pair. The blonde noticed the police man and the once happy expression on her face turned sour. 

"NORA RUN!" She screamed before running off in a different direction from the elephant. The person in the elephant turned round before cursing and beginning to run as fast as she could. Milo's mind when into overdrive... Nora? He instantly began to run after the person dressed up in the elephant costume, trying to catch up with her. 

Now, the city of London is home to 7,825,200 people (more than the entire country of Scotland) and there could be any number of people named 'Nora' living there. But for some reason or another - Milo was sure that this Nora was the one that had been plaguing his thoughts. 

"Wait! Nora, stop!" Milo shouted, but she kept running. The costume was slowing her down, but the threat of being arrested kept her going. She managed to take off the head of the elephant costume so she could run better. Knowing that this could be the same brunette Nora that he had run into, made Milo run faster. Behind Milo were two policemen, shouting for the pair to stop running. 

Suddenly, Nora tripped over the costume, falling to her feet. Milo caught up with her and tried to pull her to her feet. "Come on!" He shouted at her, a smile on his face. Nora looked up at the guy who had been chasing her. She had thought he was some kind of stalker, but then she looked up. Nora realised who he was and with a smile, took his hand, climbed to her feet and began to run down the street, hand in hand with Milo. 

They ran as fast as they could, taking every turn possible to try and lost the two policemen. Eventually, they got to Covent Garden and they lost the policemen in the crowds. Milo stopped to look around. In his 20 years, he had never found a place where he had felt so free.

"Come on!" Nora smiled, pulling on his hand. Milo's brown blue eyes darted straight into Nora's brown ones. His sunglasses had fallen off a while back, but this was the first time Nora had looked at his eyes. The feeling that she knew him from somewhere grew again, niggling at her, but she pushed it down slightly — knowing that if they didn't move soon, they would be caught by the police. 

Nora tugged at his hand once more, letting him know that they had to move. They made their way through the crowds, trying to get towards the underground. They quickly bought tickets and caught a train going towards Leicester Square.

"So who are you?" Nora finally asked, as they climbed on the train. She was still dressed in the elephant costume and her hair was a mess from running, but she didn't care.

"My name's Milo," He answered with a smirk. He didn't want to tell her than he was royal, he just wanted to be normal for a night.

"Just Milo?" Nora replied with an eyebrow raised. Milo just nodded in reply "No last name?" she added.