Bittersweet

Essence

I woke up to the and pulled the sheets over my body to protect it from the cold air circulating the bedroom. I threw my hand over to Gage side hoping to wrap it around him, that didn't happen.
My hand end up crinkling up a piece of paper that was there.

Hey baby, sorry I didn't tell you this yesterday but I decided to turn myself in today. Please don't be mad at me. I'm already upset with myself for my stupid decision and hurting you by leaving you by yourself. I was thinking, maybe the independent life style is for you. Don't take no offense to that,what I'm saying is your fear is being by yourself. Yet others fail you or you lost others which left you by yourself. Time after time after time. Maybe it's gods way of letting you know your better off by yourself. If things don't go accordingly with my lawyers and the judges and I have to do a long period of time. Just know that my  love for you is real. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I mean that. I hope my words speak louder than my actions right now cause there is no words to describe my love for you.  I hope me leaving you on a short notice doesn't affect your love for me. I'm not Gon ask you to pause ya life cause me being in here. If you want to move on or whatever the case is go do it. Do whatever makes you happy. I wish you the best in pursuing your dreams. I have to go now before you wake up. You know my safe information in case you need anything. I already talked to everyone else and I'll write you when I get a chance.
I love you.

I closed my eyes and squeezed them so I wouldn't cry. This hurts  more than I thought it would. I mean I haven't known him for years but it's that big impact he had on my life in this short amount of time. I guess that's what i get for under estimating the power of love. I quickly put my slippers on and grabbed my keys maybe I could catch him before he goes in the court house.

I threw things around trying to find my keys until I found them. I ran out the door locking the bottom lock and in no time I pulled out the driveway onto the main Street. I just want one more hug one more kiss one more something before he go.

Gage

I stepped off the bus and stood Infront of the court house. It wouldn't make sence to take my car cause they would tow it or something if I left it there. I swiped my hand across my face taking a deep breathe, I'm far from scared it's just hard parting ways with everyone. The feeling of letting Essence down is just tearing me apart.
I walked through the two glass double doors and through the security system. I had to take a seat cause it was hella packed in here and only one receptionist at the desk. At the rate they moving at I'll be waiting maybe twenty to thirty minutes.

I watched security go crazy and everyone else moving around like a headless chicken. I closed my eyes drifting off to sleep but it wouldn't work. The line was slowly moving maybe in two minutes ill get up and claim my spot.

Essence

I parked in the parking garage and sprinted to the steps of the court house. By the time I made it up I was out of breathe. I walked through the glass doors and went through the security check system. I stood in the middle of the court house looking like a lost puppy trying to find Gage. I looked at the back of the heads in the line trying to see if I saw him. I didn't. My head hung low as I walked back towards the door. Welp there is nothing I can do now. I played with my keys while walking back towards the door. Not paying any attention I tripped over someone foot. I shook it off and continued walking until someone hand grabbed my wrist.
"Who the fu-...Gage"
He smiled weakly and I broke down in his arms. I tried to contain myself but I couldn't, I can honestly say Gages my weakness.
"Don't cry"
"I want to be with you. I don't want you to leave my side "
"After this I promise I won't. I'm sorry mama. I really am "
He wiped my tears away and his hands wrapped around my body holding me close. "I love you I swear to god I do"He said rocking us back and forth.
"I love you too"I sniffled playing with my necklace.
"We gon get through this. When I come home , I promise I'll make it up to you we on be good "
I nodded my head kissing him while his grip on me tightened.
He pulled back smiling at me placing a kiss on my forehead before standing up.
"Continue to be strong for me "
"I will"I mumbled.
We walked over to the line and waited for us to talk to the lady.
"Here" he placed his chain I noticed he never took off around my neck.
"Please take care of it for me. My momma gave it to me"
I nodded wrapping my arm around him as we walked up to the desk.
"What can I do for you Today?"
"I-I  had a warrant out for my arrest and I came to turn myself in "
"I need name , date of birth and ID"

-----