British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter One

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going out in my pajamas! Let me get changed for god's sake!" Nora laughed. Skye just let out a huff.

"Fine! You have 5 minutes! Then we are going out — half naked or not!" Skye shouted, walking out of Nora's bedroom and slamming the door as she left. Almost immediately, Nora spun round and opened up her laptop to check how her last post as doing. The replies were already building up, and a smile grew on Nora's face. "Hurry up slow coach!" Skye shouted, banging on the door, and Nora snapped into action — closing the laptop and pulling a dress out of her wardrobe.

The club was packed, the music was loud, Skye was dancing with any decent looking guy she could get her hands on, and Nora was standing at the bar, watching her ridiculous best friend. With a smile on her face, and a drink in her hand, Nora was letting the alcohol create the happy buzz she needed. She was waiting for Sean, her hunk of gorgeous gay meat. He definitely fell under the category of British males she would date, you know, if he wasn't so bloody gay. With a smile on her face, Nora took another sip of her drink, letting her eyes float away from Skye and across the room — searching for Sean.

"Well, hey there beautiful," a voice flirted from beside her. Nora looked to her left to see a guy smiling wildly next to her. He wasn't cute or hot in the slightest. He stank of smoke, making Nora gag slightly. 

"Hi?" She replied, making it sound more like a question that anything else. 

"Knock Knock," He smiled wickedly, while Nora's face scrumbled up in confusion? Why the hell was he telling her knock knock jokes? Was this some kind of messed up pick up line?

"Err - who's there?" Nora asked, a bit confused to what the hell was going on.

"Marry?" He answered. Oh dear. Nora's insides started to curl up and die with disgust. Usually the pick up lines were awful, but funny. This was just sad. 

"Marry who?" She answered, losing interest in the conversation entirely. Pick-up lines had now hit an all time low.

"Marry me?" The guy laughed loudly, his booming laugh rising over the noise of the music. 'Dear lord, this guy should be shot,' Nora thought to her self. Nora was just about to answer him when an arm swung its self over her shoulders and her gaze shot to beside her.  

"Hey babe!" Sean smirked at her, before kissing her cheek, "Who's this?" He asked, turning to the guy. The guy just looked Sean up and down, before turning away, grumbling something as he went.

The thing about Sean was that even thought inside he was a lovable fairy-gay-mother that everyone loved; outside he looked like he could take a guy down in 0.5 seconds. which he could. Sean played rugby; and was fitter than any guy they had met, making both Skye and Nora cry at the fact that he was gay. On the plus, it did mean that he had lots of hot rugby playing straight friends. 

"Thank god! That guy used like the worst pick up line I had ever heard!" Nora smiled, letting out a little huff. 

"What was it; maybe I could use it?" Sean smiled, his eyes sparkling. 

"Please don't make me repeat it! I'd have to wash my mouth out with soap!" Nora begged, before finishing off her drink. "Come on, I need another drink!" 

"What do you want, Nor-Nor?" Sean asked, with a smile, before turning to the bar. Nora thought to her self for a second before making up her mind.

"Rum - give me my rum!" Nora answered with a smile. 

"Yes!" Sean shouted with punching his fist up in the air, "Drunk pirate Nor-Nor is epic!" Nora laughed in reply, knowing it was true, rum always made her a little bit more than tipsy, and on less than rare occasions, she had walked singing 'Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me,' like a drunk idiot. According the Sean and Skye, it was epic — but Nora would never remember doing it, she was almost sure that Skye and Sean would dare her to do it, and that she just wouldn't remember.