43

My alarm went off I checked my phone stumbling out of bed."oh god."

Jack groaned."are you ok?"

"Yeah but I'm going to be late for tryouts."I ran into my closet.

"Tryouts...oh for cheerleading I'll drive you."he got up quickly

"I'm really nervous so yeah drive me."I went into the bathroom.

"You're going to do great."Jack shrugged.

"I'm out of shape."I shook my head."this isn't great."

"You are fine Jill you are amazing and you love this sport you'll do great."he hugged me.

"You said it..you finally admitted its a sport."I smiled

"I'm trying to support you but clearly that's not what's on you're mind."he frowned.

"No no ok I just- it was shocking that's all."I turned around and grabbed my toothbrush.
...
Jack was walking me to the gym when we ran into the guys all huddled up.

"Hey guys what are you guys doing?"I looked at Jack.

They turned around slowly.
"We we're trying to come up with a cheer for you but we couldn't think of anything."nick shrugged.

"And we made a promise remember."Martin said.

"I remember I just didn't think you guys would've made it."I shrugged."I've missed you guys."I smiled at them.

"We've missed you too."Daniel smiled as they opened their arms.

We grouped hugged.

"Oh hey jack forgot you were here."nick smiled quickly.

Jack just smiled and nodded obviously knowing nick was being messing with him.

"Ok so I'll call you later?"I asked jack.

"Yeah ok."he smiled and kissed me before walking back.

"Ok let's do this."I grabbed  Anthony's and  martins hands.
...
Practice for tryouts has been over and the guys looked confused.

"Mathews."I heard my ex coach yell I turned around.

"Yes coach Blake."I walked towards her.

"Just wanted to say uhh.. glad to see you trying again."she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Im glad to be here again."I smiled before walking back to the boys.

"No bro it goes arms out and then a three count and then Jill walks in we clap and then another three count then we lift her."nick I'm guessing was correcting one of the boys.

"So how'd you guys like today's practice?"the easy thing about my group is each boys could do a single man stunt which makes the group stunt 100 times better.

"It was pretty easy."Martin nodded.

"Yeah well for me I think it's just remembering the dance but I can practice with you it seems like you have it down."Daniel smiled.

"Yeah the dance is the same dance for tryouts so it's like basic of basic."I tried to explain it but I think I just made myself look dumb.

"Ok practice at jills tomorrow..or today?"Anthony looked at everyone.

"Any day you guys are free."I smiled."but are you guys actually planning on doing it because if not it's ok to quit now." The boys loved football there's no way I could take that away.

"No football for me this year." Daniel shrugged.

"I'm doing football but i want to see if I can make it."Martin shrugged nick agreeing with him.

"I actually don't know I'm starting to like cheer and it's just one day."Anthony smiled at me.

"Ok well as long as you guys want to that's all that matters to me."I put my arms around Anthony and nick.

"I hate that I'm so short."I sighed.

"Hey it makes this easier."Martin picked me up.

"If you can carry me like this all the way to the car I will give you five bucks."I smiled and he nodded.

Jack looked up from his phone and smiled.

Martin put me down by the car door.

"Call me when you guys plan to come over."they nodded and we said goodbye.

"How was it?"Jack asked once I got in.

I looked at him."I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was there it felt so good to be able to do those things again."

He smiled."I'm glad, you are great at it."

"Remember Friday nights..."I trailed off and jack nodded."I miss those."

"Yeah those were always great."he sighed.

"Oh hey can you stop at the mall I have to buy new underwear and sport bras."i looked at Jack.

"Yes don't even ask you just say it and we go."he nodded quickly.

"You shock me sometimes."I shook my head.

"Can you try them on at home or can I go into the dressing room with you?"he asked."I would prefer home, just saying."

"How happy would it make you?" I asked him.

"1-10 I would say about 1000" he nodded calmly.

"Again you shock me sometimes." I looked at him."but If i take him home I can't return them."

"We could buy knew ones."he smiled.

"I get my period next week is this why you're acting like this?" I grabbed his hand.

He shook his head and then nodded."I keep track too ok and hey I'm just trying to make you feel good."

"You are really something you know that."I smiled at him.

"I try to be."he smiled back.