13

"It was a little dramatic but I felt and still feel horrible." I explained what happen to Danny.

"You need a Jack cleanser." She said getting up.

"Where are we going?"I said following her.

We were siting down in the gym"your locker." We walked up to it "open it"I did what I was told.

"Go to the janitors room and get one of the brown boxes."she gave me her keys.

When I came back she had all my locker decorations stacked neatly. I gave her the box and she put it in there.

"Your still carry those Polaroid pictures in your bag?"she asked and I nodded. "Ok go to coach Valerie's room and get and asked for tape."practice was over hardly anybody was here.

I brought us back and gave her the pictures and tape. "There." She smiled I looked and it was all of the cheer pictures we have took. She had a stack in her hand "theses go In here."she put some other polaroids in the box I'm guessing those were of Jack.

"Now you house."she smiled."it's going to get better I promised."she patted my back

"I really hope so."I smiled back at her.

"Ok so this box is filled with pictures and letters and all that fancy stuff." We filled up the brown box.

"And this box is his clothe you wear...that you need to get rid of." the box had neatly folded shirts and hoodies mainly.

"This feels like a fresh start."I looked around at how different my room looked no Jack just memories I've had with other friends.

"Oh it is."she checked her phone "oo I'm going to be late for class I'll see you tomorrow." She hugged me.

"Thank you so much." I smiled at her and said bye.

I got a text from Jack
Meet me at the park in 5

To Jack
Ok.
I got one of the boxes and put it in my car before turning the car on I took the spare key to jacks house out of my keychain and put it on top of the hoodie.

When I got there no one was their. I sat at a picnic table and put the box next to me.
I didn't realize that my Jack bracket was in there..It had jacks name in a bracket he had mine name on his.

I grabbed it and just stared at it until Jack sat down in front of me.

"Hey."he made me look up as I put in the box.

"Hi." I smiled lightly.

"I didn't mean to make you feel bad last night."he look sincere."and I want to tell you how sorry I am and that I don't want to lose y-"I cut him off.

"Jack stop." He stared at me confused "I went last night with the hope that I was going to get my best friend back and that everything was going to go back to normal.."I trial off he stayed quiet I had tears forming I hate my feelings right now.

"Instead I left knowing that we would never be the same, our relationship was never going to be like before I thought about it all day and I've realized that we are drifting apart.. You, you have scholarships ahead of you a beautiful girlfriend and your a great person you have it all..your happy and I'm..I'm a cheerleader who doesn't have enough spirt to go to school sometimes, the only reason I'm passing is because of you but now I've realized I can do it on my own.."

I wiped my cheek from the tears "we've never fought like this before and now looking at it in another perspective..somethings just don't last and I've had support and encouragement to be able to accept it." I looked at him for a sec he look hurt he had tears forming as well.

"Good things never last and I've.. I've realized I'm ok with knowing you and I will never be like this."I grabbed a picture from the box and show it to him he smiled a bit we were like 12 in the picture.

"Jill just give me another chance I promise things will get better."he looked back at me.

"I know things are going to get better Jack..but just looked at it this way we don't hang out anymore, we fight about everything, and we don't even contact each other like before. We aren't the same."I tried to smiled.

"But opposites attract."he chuckled with tears going down his cheek.

"I'm sorry Jack but we aren't the same and we won't be the same..we're just growing it's apart of life."I smiled as I turned to get the box and hand it to him.

"W-what's that?" He looked nervously at the box the at me.

Things that belong to you."I handed it to him and got up to walk away "bye Jack." I forced another smile and just left not looking back not hesitating this is for the best..I know it is.

••jacks pov••
"Bye Jack."she didn't hesitate she didn't look back she was gone.

I got the box and placed it next to me. And started laying everything on the table it hurts me it truly does but as much as I hate to admitted it everything she said was true we weren't the same neither were we ever going to be.

I saw the stuff on the table and pulled the first thing out a key to my house Jill had put a J on the key with marker so she wouldn't get confused with her other keys.

By the key was our friendship bracket i noticed my wasn't on neither. Some shirts and hoodies were in there but at the very bottom was a letter and a picture when we were 12 the one she had showed me.

March 1st

Dear Jill,

This probably the third letter I've worts you. You know I'm bad with words especially when it comes to writing. I just wanted you to know how special you are to me, you are the only girl that gets me. You just I don how to say it... Most girls wouldn't be able to do half the stuff you do with me and I like that from you. You make me feel like I'm never going to lose you like your always going to be there for me and I will to..your one of the greatest person I've met I'm so happy I hit you that day at the park lol, your truly and amazing person. You make me smile and laugh when nothing everything seems dark. You listen to me when ever I just need to say things and you give the best advice.. Your hugs make me feel warm and let me know your always here. I love that I can call you at 1 in the morning and you'd answer or you'd stay up all night to here me talk.. I love you so much Jill your the greatest best friend a boy like me could have <3

Love,
      Jack gilinsky

I smiled at the thought of 12 year old me writing this because this is the exact same way I feel about Jill to this day.. And now I lost her...

I put everything away and walked to my car I sat down and just stared at the park.
I clench my jaw to prevent tears but it didn't work..a tear ran down my cheek followed by another one.

The same place I met her and its the same place I lost her.