36

I sat down next to her."with Jack?"I played dumb.

She did a double look at my neck which was inches away from being covered up.

"Is that a hickey?"she look at me and then back at it.

"What?"I asked confused until I felt it."no I didn't even notice this."I pretended to stay calm but I was freaking out.

"You know how I feel about hickeys."I looked at her and then walked to the bathroom.

"What else could it be?"she followed.

"Madison I promise you it's not a hickey. However I got it, it didn't come from anyone."I shrugged trying to keep the please believe me face for as long as I could.

"I never said I didn't believe you."she smiled."does it hurt?"she slid her fingers across it.

I nodded "it actually does. Did I have it when you came in?"I asked her.

"Not that I noticed."she shrugged.

"I should asked Jack what if it's like blood clot or something?"I'm going to hell for this.

"Yeah you should ask him maybe he noticed it or something." She pretended to look at her phone like she lost interest.

"Do I call him?"I asked her she looked up at me.

"Yes what if it's something bad."she handed me her phone."here"

I dialed his number hoping he wouldn't answer.

"What?"he said in an attitude.

"Hey jack it's Jillian."I turned away from Madison

"Oh sorry, wait why are you using Madison's phone?"his voice changed

"I have a question."I didn't know what to say Madison was just acouple Feet away from me.

"What's up?"he sounded nervous.

"Did you by any chance notice the mark on my neck?"I hesitated

"Well yeah no duh babe, do you want another one.."he trailed off."Madison see it."

"Yeah but I haven't noticed it until now so was it there when you got here?"I continued with the conversation although I wasn't answering his questions.

"Oh ok no I didn't see it call me when she leaves."he said and hung up.

"Ok thanks."I frowned as u have Madison the phone back.

"No luck he said he didn't notice anything."I shrugged.

"Well that sucks."she grabbed her phone.

"I'll just wait to see what happens tomorrow."I sighed.

"Yeah well I have to go I'll see you later."she hugged me quickly before walking.

"I thought it was movie night?"I asked.

"I forgot I had this thing we should reschedule though."she smiled and left my apartment.

I lock the doors and sat on the couch this was so weird.

"Jack"I called him.

"She left?"he asked.

"Yup."I responded short.

"On my way."he said.

"Isn't it kinda late?"I asked thinking about the whole day.

"It's never to late baby."you could totally tell he was smirking he hung up after that.
...
"We can't do this."was the first thing I told him.

"What why? What did she say?"he asked me.

"Nothing well yeah she said something she's in love with you!"I looked at him as I flopped back on to the couch.

"But I'm not."he sat down next to me.

"But she is and I can't because we are friends."it disappointed me."I don't even know why you are such a jerk to her."

"No I'm not she's a-"he cut himself off when I looked at him."anyways it's her fault we broke up and she broke up with me so no I wouldn't get back with her anyways."

"Why what happen?"I asked all to quickly.

He looked at me and sighed."she got angry one day because I wouldn't go to a premier with her so when she went alone everyone made the rumor we had broken up then she came to my house and started saying how embarrassing the whole situation was and that if i wasn't going to support her then we need to break up which after hours of arguing she did."

"Did you love her?"I asked shortly after he finished.

"I cared for her..let's put it that way love is just such a strong word."he chuckled slightly I followed.

"She never made me feel the way you did and I think that's why I couldn't love her she just wasn't you."he grabbed my hand.

"I just..I don't know she seem obviously mad you were here and she's not stupid even If I acted like I didn't know about the hickey she knows what it was and I pretty sure she has an idea where it came from."she was my friend how could I do that to her.

"So friends come and go Jill."that was kinda selfish of him to say.

"Just like you? She's my only friend Jack i mean I have other friends but they aren't the type of friends you would want me being around with."I was telling the truth.

"Yes like me."he rolled his eyes."and why wouldn't I like you're friends?"he asked looking offended.

"Because their all guys."I sighed."they are all jocks, who like to go to the gym and make fun of each other."it may sound weird but it was true the reason I like hanging out with them was because they treated me like one of the guys unless someone was bothering me then they became more like my shield.

Truth was these guys were like big brothers of mine and I like that I could be me and not be judged.

And also whenever I needed a study group I had one in hand since they were athletes they maintained good grades.

"You hate jocks."Jack said sarcastically.

"Hated, college is different from high school, these guys are really the only thing I have out here other then Madison, I know you would hate them and that's why you can't meet them."If I said they were lovely guys he would get along with I would go to hell most likely Jack will have a problem with one of them.

"Why can't I meet them now I want to meet them."he demanded.

"1) they joke around a lot 2) they say a lot of dumb things you might find offensive 3) they tend to interrogate other guys that talk to me."I shrug.

"So they say who you can and can't date?"he asked.

"No.. There just protective."I shrugged.

"Well it seems to me like they are over protective."he kept fighting the subject.

"Look Jack-"he cut me off.

"I get you don't want to do this but I do and I know deep done you do too so forget everyone else and can we just do us we can take it slow if you want."he stood up and stared at me.

I sighed it was true I did want him and I guess going slow wouldn't hurt."fine we can take it slow."