(Alt ending) Goodbye

Dan POV

I couldn't tell, but I was holding my breath watching that plane back drop. In truth I didn't know if I would see a coffin or her standing there. My heart dropped seeing Eli standing by a coffin covered with a British flag and an Irish flag. I wanted to be sick.

" No...." I sat Lilly down and ran into the plane once the back dropped fully. Falling to my knees beside the coffin and pressing my head to the cold wood. " No.Tara-Why..."

"I'm sorry for your loss. She saved us from the set up. She got shot in the neck and crawled over to disable the bomb behind the desk. She told us all to run." Eli mumbled before Lilly and the others stood on the ramp.

"Daddy? Where is mummy?"

"O sweetheart..." I swallowed the lump in my throat and pulled her into my arms. Roy was pressing a kiss to the coffin. "She's with the angels baby."

"Does that mean I won't get to see her ever again?"

" Yes sweetie, only in your dreams." She didn't cry like a baby, but instead she let the tears silently fall as I rocked her back and forth.

"I think it would be best if we just put her to rest now." Roy mumbled to Eli who nodded. It was odd how calm they were pushing the coffin along. By now the tarmac was filled with the soldiers whom loved her maybe almost as much as I. Little did I know how quickly we would have to say our goodbyes. After all the graveyard was always ready for another body. Evans cleared his throat and gave a nod to me. I just nodded back before staring at the coffin.

"Mr. Smith... These men and women would like to honour your wife."

"O-Okay" Lilly came beside me and the others surrounding me as we all looked at the coffin. Everyone had tears. One after another soldiers walked up and slammed their medals into her coffin before saluting it. Then that God awful song... Taps... The song the even if you weren't sad it would make you cry. They didn't stop till the whole top lid was covered. Then Evans brought to me two folded flags. One he gave to Roy, the Irish one of course.

"Thank you... For your service... To her."

This wild world won.