Stay where?

Tara POV

I glanced at the cuts of meat before me before the butcher once again cleared his throat.

"Darling, ya gonna pick something?" I shot a glare before sighing softly before pushing my finger against the pristine glass.

"Ya I'll take... " I dragged my pointer finger leaving a long smug. " That... The lamb chops...Nay." Once again I dragged my finger along stopping in front of the steaks. " The filets. I'll need four." Lucy giggled watching me irritate the man as he grabbed the tied off meats and took them to the cutter. I shivered watching as he slammed his knife down, I could see Kiki's legs and that long blade.

" Tara?... Tara?" I blinked a few times, I didn't realize he was done and handing me the packaged goods. Lucy shaking my arm. Quickly I took the wrapped meats, tossing them in the basket in my other hand.

"Sorry, nodded off in my mind."

"I could tell." She sighed softly and looped her arm with my free arm. "So why haven't you gotten rid of your flat yet? You and Dan are attached at the hip." I shrugged slightly.

"Well when I was in a coma Dan kept the place clean so I assumed he wanted me to keep it. Maybe he's not sure about commitment with me Luce, I dunno."

"He's sure Tara. He'll told me he went over your flat to hide from Katie sometimes. They argued non-stop."

"About me?" I glanced at her before looking at the vegetables before me and unlooping our arms to pick through them.

"About why he would visit you. Why he held onto hope. Why he kept your things." She sighed softly. " She wanted him to pull the plug."

"Well he didn't visit for six months. I longed to hear his voice for those six months."

"I can only imagine the things people sat there and told you."

"Nothing crazy. I owe Kyle a huge thank you. He visited the most. Told me about Dan a lot." I settled for the potatoes and broccoli crowns before continuing our stroll through the market.

"You remember everything?"

" For the most part. Tina and Carlos visited too. She was probably the reason I woke up. Such kindness she holds." I grabbed strawberries, blue berries, and the chocolate before continuing on to the check out. "Why did Dan date this Katie?"

" She I think reminded him of how you looked. Cause she looked very much like you, yet her personality was so...forced." Lucy laughed softly. " He met her at a show. I swear she drugged him to sleep with her." I shivered slightly before raising a hand.

" No more details." I handed over the amount for the groceries before Lucy and I walked towards the tube. "Was he happy?"

" No. Like I said. He hid at your place sometimes. For a week we looked for him and he was over there, playing your piano and writing. Some of the bloody album is about you. An Act of Kindness, Warmth, and Winter of Our Youth."

"I know, I have heard it..." A sigh passed my brims as I sat down and looked at the map for our stop. "What do they know about me?"

"Dan's parents?" Lucy sighed slightly. "Everything pretty much. They hated Katie. She was so pushy to be proposed to before we all went on tour. She even asked Linda to talk to Dan." We shared a laugh before I shrugged. " Well hopefully I don't disappoint." Together we walked off the tube and heading up the stairs then down the street to my building. I hadn't been here since Dan sent me away. It was clean though, every thing put away and photos hung that were once not there. They were of us, our crazy family. My records sat on shelves and a pair of Dan's specticals sat on the table with a untouched mug of tea. Lucy was silent as I walked around the museum like atmosphere. Soon enough my brain came to realisation, Dan had moved nearly everything here. Even his favourite piano sat in the studio room."

"You like it?"

" He wants you to be comfortable, plus his flat is super cramped."

"When... When did he do all this?"

" The past couple days. That's why you two have been staying with Kyle and I. His flat is empty. Sold." I sat down and a smile crossed my lips. It felt like home. "You're not upset are you?"

"No. I'm ecstatic." I smiled and sighed softly, laying down on the sofa and taking a breath. "I could totally nap right now."

"But you need to start cooking cause you've got two hours till the in laws pop in for dinner?" My eyes looked over to the clock before grumbling and walking to the kitchen, starting the marinade for the steaks and putting the potatoes in the oven. It was all finally starting to cook when Lucy walked over to the door once knocking began. My heart stopped as I glanced at the clock. It had only been an hour, where was Dan.

" Hello Lucy!"

"Linda! Daniel!" I took a deep breath, running off before they could see me and changing into the maroon dress I had laid out. Shoes weren't happening tonight, I merely wanted to be comfortable. Another deep breath was taken before I walked out and smiled towards the two people that sooner or later would be my in-laws. Dan looked more like his mother than his father funny enough.

 Dan looked more like his mother than his father funny enough

"Linda, Daniel, I would love for you to meet Tara." I flashed a smile before Linda pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back.

"It's nice to meet you darling. Our son has told us so very much about you."

"As he has told me about the both of you." Bullshit, I barely knew their names. Most of our relationship I had spent in a fucking coma or away.

" Sorry I'm late!" Behold there he finally came, Kyle behind him laughing before Lucy quickly left with Kyle. " Sorry mum sorry dad." He hugged them both before looking to me.

"You like what I did with the place?"

" Yes love. It feels like home."

"Here let me help you finish cooking. I told Lucy the wrong time, and only knew cause my mum texted me saying she was on the way." I laughed slightly, sitting on the bar stool before popping a cooked piece of broccoli into my mouth.

"It's fine. Everything is good."

"When are you leaving to go on tour Daniel?"

"Soon mum." Quickly I rumaged through the fridge, coming across a closed bottle of champagne. Dan popped it open while I set out the dishes and everything came together. "Will you be going Tara?"

" Yes of course. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't." Linda and I talked constantly, she was a teacher, his father a writer as well as his sister. They were from South Africa and moved here after they were married. Also as if it was a picture perfect story. Dinner went perfectly until finally we said good bye and closed the door looking at each other. "That went... Well." I nodded before Dan snaked his arms around me.

"Very well surprisingly." I smirked slightly, pressing my lips to his. "Now what do you have in mind Mr.Smith?" He smirked and lifted me by my bum, carring me to the bedroom and tossing me on the bed.

"I have just the plan love." He took off his glasses and turned out the light.  Fumbling his way along until all clothes and distance between us was gone.