Truth be Told

Dan POV

The girls got home a lot earlier than expected, so early it concerned me. Kyle had finally stopped roasting me once I told him I still liked Tara. She was a different girl. Her interest was in me before I was even famous, I knew she was true.

Tara walked into her room, yawning before she closed the door. Swiftly Lucy tossed her bags in the room before joining Kyle and I out on the balcony and stealing Kyle's coffee.

"What's going on?"

"Tara being sketchy. So when we were shopping this guy named Steven comes up... He starts asking her when she was deactivated and he was deactivated when the mission was over... That someone named Kiki was taken apart. Well Tara said it was about a robot, but both of them got choked up. She is freaking hiding something Daniel. It's huge whatever it is, because she won't say a word about the topic. Well on the way back I convinced her to invite this Steven guy. You two need to get him to spill." She crossed her arms, sitting back as she huffed. Kyle stroked his beard before glancing at me as I shook my head.

" What say you Daniel?"

"I see this going wrong in so many possible different ways."

"Me too, but I've got to keep the girlfriend happy. So you gonna help?" I grumbled before holding my face in my hands.

"I really have no other choice." Lucy grinned before sitting back and sipping at the coffee. " What do you suppose they're really talking about?"

"I dunno... Missions? Deactivation? It sounds secretive. What could she have possibly gotten into? I also noticed this narly scar down her spine. She said it was surgery, but it was so long and crooked. You'll see it tonight probably, after all she got this gorgeous dress to wear for you."

"For me?"

"Well yeah you're gonna ask her on a date at some point tonight right?" I groaned and sat my head on the table before taking a deep breath.

" She doesn't like me."

" She does, but she won't admit it Daniel. You know Tara, she hasn't changed at all. She's stubborn." Lucy smirked before glancing to the door as Tara walked out of her bedroom. Now wearing a black dress that stopped along her mid thigh. I was staring, taking in her features before releasing a held breath. O bloody hell someone save me. She wandered outside and brought a cigarette to her crimson lips.

"Oi what ya lookin at?" I blinked a few times before she laughed softly and gave my shoulder a squeeze. "I'm only kidding." My face was warm, probably a bright red before I laughed trying to ease the nerves she brought me.

"I was only admiring love. You look great."

"Why thank you Mr. Smith." I took her hand as I stood and let her do a twirl, the scar that Lucy mentioned ran right down her spin.

"I was thinking tomorrow morning I take you out to breakfast. Kyle told me about the perfect place."

"Are you asking me on a date?" She smirked slightly before I gave a small laugh and nodded. " Well I would love to as long as you don't sleep in darling." Her phone began to buzz, a smirk crossing her lips before she answered on speaker and hushed us. "Hello Wesley."

"Tara! How's it going?"

"Brilliantly. I really don't think you'll have an issue with this lot. Tell me, how was the hooker I sent to your house. Scale 1 to 10."

"8 and that's saying something considering you were a 9"

"Haha very funny Wesley. Hence the reason it was a one time deal Mr. Five." He laughed before coughing slightly.

"How in the world do I put up with you?"

"I get you good music and a lot of money. Now stop pestering me. I'm trying to work." She hung up, our eyes all going wide. "What?"

"He's the boss to us. You just schooled him. I love you already!" Kyle laughed before sitting back more relaxed in his chair.

"He's such a twat. Ah my guest has arrived." She sat down her phone and walked back inside. My stomach bunched into knots seeing the tall and very good looking man get let into our suite. My date with her tomorrow would probably be out of pitty and she'd be won over by him for sure. "Kyle and Daniel this is Steven." She smiled, introducing us before her phone went off again. "Bloody hell who is it this time!"

"Relax Tara" Steve laughed before sitting down as she walked inside talking on the phone. "She's always so busy. It's nice to meet you all. How do you know Tara?"

"College and you?" I glanced at him as he fixed his suit jacket.

"We worked on an operation together. It's been shut down now."

" Really what type of operation? She hasn't told us much about it." He shrugged slightly before Tara came out.

"I gotta run an errand. Can you all play nice?"

"Of course! Be careful!" Lucy grinned before I smiled to Tara and Steve have a wave. Once she left he cleared his throat.

"It was an undercover ops mission to get intel from the middle east. It's not classified anymore considering it failed."

" Yeah she was telling us about her scar on her back... She got choked up." Lucy was playing along like she knew. She was always good at getting people to talk and thankfully I wouldn't have to try and get it out of him tonight. Steve nodded slowly before taking a deep breath.

" She rarely talks about that... I dunno if she told you all the whole story. So it was Operation Pharaoh... I dunno who came up with the name... We all had code names too. Hers was Cleo, mine was Neo and there was Kiki. Of course there were others, but that's not important to the story. Tara and Kiki went under cover, jacking information off their servers when they got caught. Everyone thought they'd died till the government started receiving live feeds and videos. Kiki was..." He stopped and swallowed back tears. " She was tortured... Burned and literally taken apart in front of Tara. They were like sisters. My friend Collins caught me up on what happened awhile ago. He gave me access to all the feeds again. He said they started working on Tara, the scar on her back was a hot metal rod that they let sink into her skin. Collins my friend said he barely got to her. Spent two months in the hospital. Six months in rehab." I wanted to vomit. Lucy was crying and Kyle was holding her hand. " We all were deactivated... We've got chips though. It will tell us when it's time again to work." He lifted his arm, running a finger over a small bump in his forearm.

"Why would you want to go back?"

" We would do it for Kiki. I know Tara would. She didn't want to deactivate I think. That was her life. Her parents did it too. They deactivated to start a family."

" Yeah... I just hope she's not dwelling on all of that... I need to go get ready excuse me. " I stood and walked inside, going into my room and sinking to the floor. What wild thoughts were going on in her head?

~~~~~~~~~~

What do you all think? Comment!