Mission Cleo

Comments would be appreciated!

Dan Smith POV

Two days I sat here, watching constantly. She never uttered a word unless it was to the camera and directed at one of us. She said she loved me again, I said it back, if only she could hear. Kyle took Lucy home the first day and came back to stay with me on the base. Will and Woody left to watch over Lucy. She was weakened by it all and couldn't watch anymore. I had thrown up twice watching the beatings. She was strong through it all. A word never left her mouth with them around. Not a tear slid down her cheek.

Tara's face was bruised now, one of her eyes swollen slightly from a blow by the end of the gun last night. How many times she had been shocked I couldn't say, I had to look away sometimes to not get sick. The worse was when she would fall asleep and wake up coughing up blood, my heart would stop till she looked up to the camera as almost as if to say she was still functioning.

"Commander this is Neo... I repeat Neo. One block and descending over."

"Copy that. Proceed with caution." Kyle sat up as did I hearing gunfire through the feed. She raised her head and turned it slightly trying to look at the door. Her eyes kept closing, she was crashing. The gunfire got louder, a language I didn't know could be heard in frantic yells.

"I love you." She whispered looking to the camera as the door flew open behind her, she closed her eyes as the gun fired and her chair fell over. More gunfire then the feed went dead video wise.

"Cleo! Cleo! Man down! Get the medic." Then it all ended. No sound. Not a peep even in the room. I didn't notice, but Kyle and I were standing, staring at the screen. She was gone. My heart sunk.

" No! No! Tara!" I yelled, Kyle put a hand on my shoulder, he was crying, but I had not more tears left. Only painful anger.

Tara POV

I wanted to cry once the gunfire started. I wanted to go home. To be under the covers, wrapped in warm arms and hear London outside the window. To hear a voice sing to me and say it's going to be okay. Maybe he was watching, maybe this really wasn't live and they would share my pitifully moments with the world to show their power. They were yelling back and forth outside the door, probably debating on killing me as the gunfire got closer. Upstairs I could hear the door busting down.

"I love you." I looked at the camera before closing my eyes. I prayed.... I prayed that it would be swift. That the pain would end. It didn't. The door busted open the pain shooting through my shoulder as the chair fell towards.

"Cleo! Cleo! Man down! Get the medic!" I felt my wrists become free as well as my ankles before I was carefully laid down for a moment. "Stay with me!"

"I am..." I mumbled seeing Stevens before he carefully picked me up. "I wanna go home."

" We're going. Clear out!" The next thing I could recognize was being laid in the back of a truck, lights on me and someone holding pressure on the wound.

"We've got possible internal bleeding, broken arm, external bleeding. Can I get more hands?!" I screamed in pain as my arm was set back in place and someone wrapped it carefully. My eyes being opened to shine a light in them. "Miss Wolf? Miss Wolf can you hear me?"

"Yes... "

" How many fingers am I hold up?" I took a few moments before it registered.

"One... Just one."

"Good good. Now you're gonna feel numb in a couple seconds. I'm giving you a shot of morphine so I can tend to your wounds as quickly as possible. Do you understand?"

" Yes." I shivered feeling it enter my blood stream. He was certainly right because I couldn't feel anything except Steven resting my head on his lap and him playing with my hair. It was calming, almost to the point where I could sleep. "Stevens?"

" Yeah Tara?"

" Thanks... For getting me."

"Don't thank me. You shouldn't have been left behind. I wasn't gonna let you get hurt like KiKi."

"Stevens?"

"Yeah?"

"Inside my cheek... The data." I opened my mouth, he grabbed the flash light and looked inside before grabbing the tweezers from the kit beside him.

"You cut your cheek open and hid the chip... You're crazy." He carefully pulled the small chip from the pocket I had made inside my mouth. "Doctor she'll need stiches here too." He put the chip in the pocket on his vest, watching the doctor work. There was nearly a smirk on his face due to my quick thinking. "ETA rollings?"

"Five minutes."

"You hear that? Five minutes till you get to civilization again."

"I'm more interested in when I can go home."

"I give it two days... Maybe four depending on the damage inside. Though I'm nearly certain the blood you're spitting up is from the shocks to your neck... Popping sensitive blood vessels near your vocal cords."

"Great." I mumbled. My consciousness drifted off at some point. I could have sworn I heard him. Humming a soft tune in my ear. Coaxing me to try and wake up.

"Tara..." I opened my eyes, seeing him sitting on the sofa beside me, I couldn't move. Why couldn't I move. "Tara"

"Hel... Help" The words fumbled out of my mouth, my eyes caught a man whose face was covered, holding the tazer like object.

" Tara?"

"Mom?" I mumbled seeing her now appear, tears were falling down my cheeks. "I'm dead aren't I?" She smiled and shook her head, walking over to me. Everyone else faded. It was just her and me in the darkness.

" My sweet warrior... You grew up so well."

"Mum... Please don't go."

"But I have to.. You're going to wake up..."

I shot up gasping for breath in a hospital bed. Exhaustion was settled into my body. Everything hurt, but I wasn't staying, there was an outfit out for me and my things packed away in my bag.

"You were out two days." I glanced to the door seeing Steven. "You ready to go home?" He smirked slightly before walking out. I had never gotten ready so fast.