Present

Tara POV

"Tara.... Tara?" I was pulled from my thoughts as I tried to focus on the music filling the room. It was dull like so many other songs I had been hearing lately.

" What Wesley?" I put the glass to my lips before downing the contents. "It sucks! Just like the other tapes!" I stood and paced his office before stopping to look over the city.

"This is why I trust you Tara... You're the best producer we have and you know when it is gonna be a hit." Wesley fixed his suit as he stood and walked over to me. "I need a favour..."

"How big?" I glanced at him before handing him the glass to refill it. We had a odd relationship for sure. Many nights had been spent in this room trying to make tasteful music. Virgin records had tons of big names, it was always the business of keeping them big.

"I need you to go on tour with a band called Bastille. They're first album was crazy big... Crazy prefect too." He filled the glass with more liquor before handing it back to me. "I'm worried about their second album because there isn't a producer on tour with them to get the ball rolling."

"Mmm well... When and where are you sending me?" He smirked slightly as I downed the second glass before he handed me the papers.

"Tomorrow morning... New York city is where you'll tag up with them. There are tickets to their show as well. Hand some out. Also I would love for some new artists... You think you can handle this?" I scoffed before walking towards the door after handing him the empty glass.

"Of course..."

"Then how about tonight you stay with me... after all I won't be seeing you for a few months." He gave me that smirk that always played on his lips. When he would try to play the game that I played so well. I sighed and opened the door glancing back at him.

"That... was a one time thing Wesley. Forget about it." I was good at pushing people away, in fact I'd done it ever since I had left college for good. The parent's house was sold, everything gone. In exchange I bought a apartment in London and still could spend my whole lifetime just living off that money, yet working gave me something to do. Something to keep my mind busy and distracted from the life everyone else was living. Settling down, popping out kids, play dates, all that god awful stuff. Before music though, my life was a lot more dangerous and more challenging. I took over my parent's profession as being a spy. Yes we exist, we loiter, we watch, and we record. The whole shebang. I was deactivated two years ago. Deactivated, meaning forever I would be on call due to losing my partner Kiki. She was murdered after being tortured, but I survived. My chip was still in my arm, if I was ever needed it would flash, letting me know it was time to return. Once I had come back to London I sunk into a normal job, I was retired after all.

The walk to my apartment wasn't far, I'd picked it to be close to work and save myself from driving in the awfully crowded streets of London. It wasn't crazily decorated, but merely modest, though the view was surely the best part.

"Honey I'm home!... Ha.. I live alone." I mumbled and tossed my keys on the table before walking outside and lighting a cigarette. It wasn't my worse habit, but it was surely up there considering the occasional hits of Coke were becoming more rare. Taking a seat on the ground I hung my legs over the ledge and looked out at the city as the sun rolled its way down the sky, making it an all to mesmerizing view. I tugged my phone from my jacket, calling in a favour for Wesley to not be so lonely tonight, plus it was always funny sending a hooker to his house. I finished the cigarette in my free hand before wandering inside and beginning to pack for my journey.

Dan POV

I couldn't sleep, what was new? I moved from my bunk and wandered down the hall to the living room area, glancing to Kyle and Lucy whom were glued to the computer playing around with some sort of music application. What eight years had done amazed me.

"Ah look who also can't sleep. What is on your mind Danny boy?"

"Ah had a bloody nightmare. I dreamed we were back in college... I remember how awful my freshman year was..." I sat down and chuckled slightly before grabbing a water bottle and adjusting my glasses.

"How could I forget...Tara helped you out. I can't believe we never heard from her ever again." Lucy gnawed on the inside of her cheek as Kyle lifted a brow.

"Whose Tara?"

"O she was... she was wild. Funny enough Danny boy had a crush on her for what? The following two years?" Lucy smirked as I turned red before shrugging. She left out the part were I got so skinny I actually had to gain weight and stop drinking so much. Or where I became a recluse. "We never did find anything out about her..."

"I owe her my life... really." I mumbled laying down on the opposite sofa before sighing. The memory played over and over in my head of the days after she left. Lucy and I became like brother and sister over those days. We both missed her to be honest and to me she wasn't a stranger, it was like I knew her all along. "It is weird missing a stranger." I took off my glasses before rubbing my face, my eyes were exhausted lately as were my music writing abilities.

"Why do you look so stressed Daniel?"

"Virgin records called yesterday, they're sending a producer to meet us in New York this evening after the show. Wesley said that the person will be joining us on tour."

"Ugh... it's like living with a cop. They'll be telling our every move to the record company." Kyle rolled his eyes before closing the laptop and handing it to Lucy who put it on the shelf. "Did they tell you anything about the person coming?"

"No, he did let it slip that it was a female."

"Finally... Unless she is a total bitch then fuck." Lucy sat back and crossed her arms before huffing slightly. "Why are they rushing you to spit out a second album. If you rush it will be trash."

"I've got too much material anyways. We need someone to polish it up and help us get it down."

"Ugh why is everyone up working at bloody 6am in the morning?" Will wandered down and took a deep breath before flipping through the channels as my mind wandered off while everyone talked. It was surely a wild life to live on the road in this wild world.