Waiting Games

Note: I revised a previous chapter as to where I stated they're 30 but I changed it to 27 because my whole plot would go to shit at that point cause I need to make a time jump later on. Sorry! Carry on!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan POV

We'd been home two days when the phone rang and the familiar electronic voice filled my ears.

" Please report to base 2 at... 1200 hours." The line clicked as I sat my phone on the bed. Base two was the hospital, after all I have been there plenty of times when Tara was in her coma. Sluggishly I got dressed and shot a quick text to the group saying exactly what the message said before shoving my phone in my back pocket. I tugged my wolf hoodie on before walking to the door where Will stood.

"You take long enough mate?"

"We're going to the hospital what is to be so excited about?" I sighed and walked to his big SUV, climbing in the back to join Lucy and Kyle. I assumed Woody and Chrissy would meet us there. They did and Greg as well, which was odd.

"Oi cheer up Dan. Hope for the best yeah?" My eyes were glued to the ring in my hand before I sighed. I wasn't ready to burry her. We were suppose to do so much. Maybe Kyle was right, maybe she wasn't dead. Lucy took my free hand and gave it a squeeze as we stopped outside the hospital. Soldiers filled the waiting room, no one really looked sad. They all looked to me as I walked by and to the front desk.

"Yes? O Mr. Smith! Please take a se-"

"Oi! Yeah I'm fine!" My eyes widened hearing the familiar Irish accent. I quickly looked around seeing her swat away a nurse and yank me into a hug. My body tensed till her touch fully absorbed me and calmness over took me. " Well what the hell happen to you love? You go on a diet?" She looked up at me, she was perfectly fine except for the bags under her eyes.

"I missed you." I placed my lips against her forehead before blinking away the tears. My hand found hers and I carefully slipped the ring back on it. " No more trips please. I can't do it anymore."

"I know... I can't do it anymore anyways." She laughed slightly before giving my hand a squeeze. I didn't understand nor question it at the moment. I was just happy she wasn't going anymore. "I've got someone I would love for you to meet. All of ya to meet." Her eyes shined with excitement like a kid on Christmas. She guides me and the rest of our family down the hall to the biggest room at the end. There laid a fraile red haired man, freshly shaven and hair trimmed. She opened the door and peaked in, his head lifting slightly. "Dad? I would love for you to meet my family. Dan, Lucy, Kyle, Woody, Chrissy, William, and Awuoi. Guys this is my dad Roy." He cracked a smile and sat up.

" Hello everyone. Wow it's good to see some non threatening people." I walked over and shook his hand, he was strong even in this state.

" Hello. It's nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too Daniel... You must be the lad who stole me daughter's heart." He chuckled slightly before looking back at Tara who was blushing like a fool. "Well princess are ya gonna tell the poor lad?"

"Dad!" She huffed and covered her face with her hands.

" Tell me what?" Roy grumbled slightly and grabbed an envelope off the table and handed it to me. Tara was blushing a bright red, she never looked this nervous. I sighed and pried open the card, a black sort of x-ray flim was inside roughly the size of an index card. It took me a few moments, I tilted my head seeing a small circle of blue and noticed the name at the bottom. Tara Wolf. "You've got a tumor? How is that good news?"

" Dan... Flip it around yeah?" I sighed and turned the image. Like a brick wall it hit me. I covered my mouth with my free hand, it was a baby. It was mine. Well technically ours, but still. There was something I created.

"This... This is wicked. And it's in there?!" I pointed to her stomach, my eyes wide. Greg was filming the whole thing, the camera on me.

" Yeah love" she laughed softly as I looked down at the image again. My hand was still pointing to her stomach, Lucy laughing uncontrollably in the background.

"Can ya feel it growing? It's as big as a bloody golf ball!"

"I know Dan." She laughed and took my hand, pressing a kiss to the top of my head as I sat and she stood. " What do you think?"

"It's... Wow." I laughed and smiled before pulling her close to me, my head against her stomach slightly. "I don't have a good adjective for it Tara."

"Can someone please get a photo of Dan's face right now?!" Lucy giggled before looking down at Bella in her arms in adornment.

"Already done." Greg chuckled softly before sitting down and clicking through his camera. I let Tara sit on my lap as I pulled out my phone and snapped a photo of the ultrasound.

"Alright everyone tell me what the hell to say to this ya? I want this known." I looked to Tara who nodded slowly. Kyle was typing away on his phone, photo snapped of all of attached to his tweet.

@Kyle_JSimmons: I about nearly shat me self when I got news today that we'll be having another awkward little bugger roaming this earth. Pray the poor thing gets it's mum's genes!

@DanSmith: It is all true when I say that I've found the woman whom I feels flaws compliment mine. We thank you for the love and support as we begin a new journey as a family. Greg will surely show you all the video of me finding out.

@DanSmith: Thanks @Kyle_JSimmons for stating the obvious, I do appreciate it and I've already begun praying for such.

Tara laughed through the whole little twitter mess before looking to her dad. Her wild world was calming while mine was on its way to erupting.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alright comment your choice, I'm thinking about having two alternate endings. So obvious one is going to be dark and you all will hate me, however I'm giving you all the option as to which one you want published first. I am no where close to ending this story just FYI so no need to send me message going Don't you dare end this yet. It has at least another 15-20 chapters before I kill the switch on it and probably end up starting another one knowing how I tend to be with stories. Thanks!