Step by Step

Tara POV

I rolled over, yawning slightly as the morning sun invaded through the blue curtains of Dan and I's bedroom. The space beside me filled with the frame of a sleeping body. His chest was slowly rising and falling, face covered with the pillow as per usual and his spectacles hanging on the headboard. Of course he would have to go on tour again soon. It was never ending and we had both signed up for this life. I took the glasses and moved them to the nightstand before slowly getting up and putting my hair up. My father was in rehab, not the alcoholic type, but merely life itself. He had to relearn normalcy after ten years of hell.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" He mumbled and gradually opened his eyes once he'd pulled the pillow off his head. I laughed slightly and laid back down beside him, sighing slightly.

"I've rested enough, I was thinking of a nice normal day possibly? Coffee and breakfast at that little café down the street?"

"No coffee for you." He laughed slightly before grabbing his glasses and phone, clicking open the screen with his thumb. "No caffeine, No alcohol, No red meats that are cooked other than well done..."

"O Lord!" I whinned before taking the phone away and smirking at him. "It's cute you're doing your research, but relax. I won't have coffee or anything on your list love. However I would still love to go to the cafe for food... Of your approval of course." A laugh escaped me as I got out of bed and walked to the closet, searching for something comfy. "Did Wesley find you a new head of security?"

"No, not yet."

"Well I know I few people willing I'm sure. Dexter is a good guy. Or Eli."

"Why not a female?"

"I dunno, I haven't really come across a female for the job, Kali isn't ready for something like that I think. Why do you ask?"

" Well I mean Steve liked you... I know he kissed you." I glanced back at him for a moment before shaking my head and giving a slightly laugh.

"Steve is dead. I think we best drop that subject Dan. Not every man is gonna kiss me. Steve knew me for years and he knew I love you. He's dead like I said and he knew he wasn't going to live hence the kiss. I can't believe Lucy told you." I slipped into a stretchy black dress before slipping my bleach white converses on as I sat on the bed.

"You're right... I'll look at their files and we will pick together."

" No one is gonna take me away from you Daniel." I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze before tugging off the blankets. " Now go get dressed! I'm starving!" He laughed slightly and snailed his was to the bathroom, the shower water turning on and singing beginning to pour from the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and invited the guys and Lucy to come along. Before Dan was even out of the shower they all agreed. He came out with black jeans on and towel drying his hair as he sat on the bed and glanced at his phone as ur began to buzz.

"Ello?"

"Daniel! It's Wesley, how's it going?"

"Uh just fine, what's up mate?"

" Well with what's going on and all, I was thinking you all should do an interview. I mean all of you. Including the girls. A fun piece where everyone just says hey this is what's going on." I sighed and rolled over closer to the phone.

"Wesley what has you panicking?"

" Just fans are super interested in you and Dan and obviously the other couples. So I think would be best to stop the spam from bloody taking over my email." I laughed softly and picked the phone up.

"Schedule one for tomorrow eh?"

" How?" I grumbled slightly.

"I'll take care of it yeah? Obviously you need me back."

"I do... This work is too much." He whined before I hung up and laughed once more.

" We'll do a Q&A at the studio tomorrow."

"I'll uh post something on the media then..." Dan took his phone back as I got off the bed and fixed my sweater before leading the way to the door. " Hey Tara what do you think about buying a real house? I mean the flat is big, but the baby." I sighed as he grabbed the keys and led the way to the car.

"I know, I was thinking that too, but that would mean we would have to move out of London. How would you get to the studio?"

"I could take the tube, or keep this for the days I have to go to the studio." I shrugged once inside the car and looked down at my baby bump I felt like a freaking whale already.

"That isn't too bad of an idea. You know I don't expect you to be there 24/7 Dan. I know that as I get more giant... I won't be able to make all the shows and plane rides. I'm glad Lucy, Chrissy, and Awoui are gonna stay back with me. We'll have girls night and stuff." He sighed and took my hand with his free hand while he drove with the other.

" It doesn't feel good... Leaving you behind. Especially like this Tara. Your carrying our baby and you've been through enough in this life enough." He parked the car and glanced at me before pressing his lips to mine. Carefully we got out and started heading inside.

You watched us walk in and spend time with our loved ones. You were in envy of what I was carrying. Because you wanted to be me. You wanted to be Mrs. Smith. You were bringing the wild world to me right to my front door. Wrapped in a perfect package covered with a fake smile and a hand of friendship. I should have known. The next day you saw me on the tv screen and your infatuation grew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last paragraph is a little insite to what is coming! Oooo