Seeing Red

Tara POV

I lifted my glasses off of my face and onto my head, looking around the busy streets. Radio City music hall wasn't far from where my hotel was, and thankfully the band hadn't arrived yet according to the host at the front desk. The St. Reigs hotel was always a favorite of mine, merely because the price was so unappealing to many that the hotel wasn't packed. Once in the pent house I found one of the many bedrooms and tossed my two duffel bags down before pulling out a pack of cigarettes and heading downstairs into the bar area. Already dinner time, the bar was beginning to fill with different types of people all looking to fill an empty space inside with liquor or lust.

"What can I get you ma'am?"

"Anything top shelf whiskey... On the rocks." I sat back in my chair and closed my eyes, my mind was running wild, a head ache trying to sneaks its way to the surface. Finally the drink was placed before me, soon enough it was gone and I tapped my fingers on the bar for another.

"You're a professional eh?" I glanced over at a taller blonde man, wearing a black suit and no tie. The faint tan line on his wedding ring finger was my first observance, my next was the bags under his eyes.

"Mmm seems like you might be as well. Either newly divorced or sleeping around?" He chuckled and turned his chair to look at my figure fully before taking a sip of his drink.

"Newly divorced and living here till my apartment is finished being remodeled... how did you know?" I smirked slightly before shrugging then downing my second drink, finally the effects were creeping their way along to cloud my mind.

"Wild guess...Now if you excuse me... I try my best not to be a rebound girl." I stood and tossed money down on the bar for my drinks before grabbing a bottle that was right behind the bar and walking off, leaving the man watching. "Ma'am?" I called as I walked to the front desk before taking a swig of the cheaper whiskey I'd snatched. "Have the other guests arrived?"

"Mmm" She glanced down at her computer before looking to me again with whiskey in hand. "It seems they checked in a few minutes ago!"

"Great." I mumbled and yanked my room key out of my pocket, nothing like rooming with strangers for the next couple of days... then for a couple of months. I took another swig as I climbed in the elevator and pressed the button. To my surprise the main area was quiet, yet all rooms were now closed and voice could be heard every now and then. "Mmmm recluses." I found myself on the balcony, lighting a cigarette and taking a swig of my drink once again, that was now almost gone.

"Em.. Ello? You must be our producer...?" I glanced back to see were the voice originated from, making me drop my cigarette at the face before me. Those bottle glasses and wild hair had always been floating around in the back of my mind. "O bloody hell... Tara?" A laugh escaped me as I stood up and was pulled into a hug.

"Geez Daniel... You look.. great! It is really good to see you again." I mumbled, wrapping an arm around him, the other still holding the bottle. Finally I was released and looking up at the figure before me. He really did look good, dare I say handsome. His wild hair was still exactly that... wild.. though short on the sides. Lanky now, but not deathly skinny in any way.

" You look amazing still." He turned slightly red before I took a seat at the table on the balcony and sighed slightly with a small smile dancing across my painted red brims. He sat down beside me and pointed to the bottle, which I handed over. "We wondered what had happened to you? Not a word for eight years."

"Yeah... Some serious family business. Finally the last two years I've been able to do this job and just relax." A weak laughed escaped me for a moment. "We wondered? Who else was looking for me?"

"Lucy was... she's actually inside, probably changing knowing her."

"Really? She's your girlfriend now?" He laughed before shaking his head then taking another sip.

"No... Not even close. She and my mate Kyle have been dating for... roughly four years." He shrugged before lifting his hand. "Still girlfriendless... though I've been around a couple times I can't lie... and here I go making this awkward." I took his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Relax nothing is awkward Daniel. I haven't settled down either. Been way too busy."

"Dan?" I heard the door open and turned my head, there she stood in all her fashionable glory. A squeak and million dollar smile were what I noticed before she sat on my lap and hugged me to death. "Tara! O golly gosh! It is you! Where have you been? What have you been up to?!" I laughed as she got up and sat down across the table from me and stared me down till I spoke.

"Working! Like crazy. After I left I had to take over some family things and then... well I got into the music industry... I would have called, but I lost me phone as soon as I got back to Ireland." Lies is what I was feeding them. The fake side is what I was showing them. I had to after all no one could know what had gone on these past years. What I had been through.

"We thought you had died." Lucy laughed before shaking her head, Dan shook his head slightly before handing the bottle back to me. "You must be exhausted after your travels? You came from England right?"

"Yeah I am pretty tired. We'll have to catch up along the road for sure." I smiled as Lucy stood and wandered off to her room, Dan sitting quietly before glancing at me. He could tell something was off. I could read his face like a book.

"I'm glad you're here Tara..."

"I am too now, knowing who the people are I'm going to be traveling with for the next couple of months." Slowly I stood and placed a kiss to his cheek, squeezing his shoulder slightly. "Get some sleep Daniel. We can talk more in the morning darling."

"Good night love." He mumbled, giving me a quick smile before he too got up and walked off to his room as I walked off to mine. I sat down on the bed and took a deep breath, kicking my heels off before laying down still in my jeans and denim jacket. Fuck sleep, my mind was running too wild tonight.