Realization

Tara POV

Yesterday kept playing through my mind. Dan was so scared of losing me that I couldn't accept the mission that popped up on my screen. Plus we were already in the private plane, there was no turning back now.

"Decline." I mumbled before closing the program then bringing back up the interface for the chip. Dan was listening to music and reading beside me. Lucy and Kyle snoring away. Will and Awuoi watching a movie and finally Woody and Chrissy playing a card game. It was hard to focus on breaking this code. Then again I had done it all before but under immense pressure. I clicked away, getting slightly irritated before finally I closed the laptop and sighed, leaning my head in Dan's shoulder. He pulled out a head phone and placed his cheek against the top of my head.

"You'll figure it out love. Maybe it's best you leave it alone eh? I mean move on and focus on the present." I lifted my head and looked him in the eyes. We were speaking in a hushed tone.

"Are you asking me to give up what I do Dan?"

"After what has been happening don't you think it's time to... Move on completely?" I huffed with a laugh slightly and shook my head before getting up and walking to the back of the plane, laying down on the sofa in the back. How dare he try and tell me not to continue my career. Like clock work he soon walked into the back room and sighed closing the door. " Tara I'm sorry..."

"I don't think you understand Daniel. It's me... It's who I am and when I'm ready I'll retire from it. If you don't support me I don't see this working out." He sighed and sat down, putting my feet in his lap.

"I'm only saying it because I'm afraid of losing you." I looked to him before sighing slightly. "Every time you get on that plane I'm not gonna know if it's the last time I'll see you. The last time I'll hold you. I'm not saying I don't support you. I just don't want to lose you."

"Come here." I mumbled and pulled him down, his head on my stomach and my fingers fiddling with his hair. "You trust me to make the right decisions yeah?"

" Yeah love."

" Then you shouldn't worry. No matter what I would come home to you Dan." It was true though, however there was always a chance I could come home in a coffin. "It's never easy leaving you either. It wasn't easy leaving you originally. I felt like I had to protect you and I felt something more, but I didn't understand it yet. Funny enough you make me feel safe." He laughed slightly, his hand stroking my hip.

" Just promise me you'll be okay. I can't let you go through that torture again. I mean maybe you should consider the therapist."

" Dan..." I sighed softly. I felt awful for yelling at him just cause he cared. "You know what... Fine I'll give it one session." He lifted his head and placed kisses to my stomach.

"Thank you love."

"It's called I'm only doing it because I love you and I have to compromise." I smirked slightly as did he before he laid his head back down the pilot coming over the intercom.

"We're about to land in sunny and brutally warm Texas. Please fasten your seatbelts." I grumbled slightly and we walked back to where the others were, sitting down and buckling up before I glanced out the window. I had been to America a few times. Mainly for missions to work with allies then as a group we would travel. Before I knew it the door was opening once the plane was parked. Steven was waiting, a small cut above his eyes. I only smirked slightly and approached him before pulling him into a hug.

"Ugh easy Tara. I'm fine." He laughed slightly as I let him go. His hand was out to me, closed and obviously holding something. He turned it over and opened it, there sat another chip.

"What's this?"

"A decoder chip. It should help."

"Thank you." I mumbled before looking down at the light blue object. "Whatever is on the other chip is important."

" Yeah well Evans wants to know as much as you do." We began walking, the others behind us.

"I think he already knows an idea of what is on it." I shrugged and glanced around as we went towards the awaiting SUVs

"I do too. Why did you go get this for me Steven?"

" You know T..." He sighed slightly glancing at me before speaking in a hushed ton. "You know I would do anything for you." I lowered my head and sighed slightly.

" Well thanks... Really I mean it." I knew he felt something for me. The best way to fix it was ignore it right? It would go away right? My thoughts were interrupted when Dan snaked his arm around me and helped me into the truck, Steven took the other vehicle with Will and Awuoi, Woody, and Chrissy. The driver of ours merely followed the other van.

"Is he trying to impress you?" Kyle laughed slightly as I shrugged.

" He knows I'm with Dan."

" He doesn't act like it." Dan mumbled as I glanced at him.

"I'll handle it love, but you shouldn't worry. It will give you wrinkles." My phone began to ring violently in my pocket before I pulled it out and answered. "Tara"

"Tara it's Evans, any luck on that chip?"

"Not yet. Steven just got the decoder to me so I'll need a couple days. Do you have an idea of what is on it?"

"I have an idea, but it's merely just an idea. I wanna make sure it's true before I get anyone's hopes up."

"Care to elaborate?"

" We might have agents that have gone missing still alive. They might have just been taken to prison and forgotten about. I have got another call coming in Agent Wolf. Contact me with information." He hung up, a sigh passing my lips. I wasn't ready for this wild week.