Told Secrets

Lucy POV

"I'll be back in a few hours Kyle. We're just gonna catch up a little bit. I caught Dan in her room this morning." I giggled softly as I clasped my necklace on.

"So Dan was really into this chick? I'll have to do some digging while you're gone. Dan has rarely ever acted on an interest... You know him."

" Yeah don't we all. The poor socially awkward..." Kyle chuckled before coming up behind me and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Be careful love."

"I will." I flashed a smile before walking out, running into Tara who was waiting by the door. We stopped at the coffee shop in the lobby, taking a seat as we waited. "Spill it. What was Dan doing in there?"

" We were just talking cause we had troubles sleeping." Tara laughed softly before taking a bite of the muffin in her hand. "I assume he's got a girlfriend?"

"Pfff Dan? No. It was hard enough getting him out of his shell once you left. I mean now he's alright, he's had a couple flings here and there." I shrugged with a smile. "He still has your albums from your dorm. I have a couple things too, but for real Tara he had a biggest crush on you."

"I only knew him for a day Lucy."

"You showed him kindness, that was a trait he didn't receive from anyone but you." She shrugged and sighed softly.

"Listen... I like him... I do.... But I can't be with someone Lucy."

"Why not?"

"Because... Because the life I live.... The life I lived... It's too complicated." I huffed and crossed my arms.

"So you've got a boyfriend already?" A grumble passed her lips before she shook her head.

" No... Back home I've got an apartment and a job. That's it. Not even a pet. I'm always too busy."

" He looked for you... For a long time." She walked to the counter and grabbed our coffees, sipping at hers as she sat down.

"I know. I heard. I'm just trying to protect you all. Don't ask Any more about it alright Lu?" I huffed and nodded slowly before we stood and wandered out into the streets of New York.

"You so need something sexy for tonight." I smirked and dragged her along into the gucci store, my eyes scanning the shelves.

"It's a concert."

"There is a after party." She laughed softly and stopped behind me as I looked at a black strapless dress. "This would look great on you Tara. Try it on? Please?"

"O how I missed you annoying me." She laughed as I tugged her along to the changing room. In mere moments she came out and did a spin, the tattoo along her spike catching my eye.

"Oooo that's gorgeous." I stopped her and looked at the design before noticing the scars that it covered. "bloody hell what happened?"

"Surgery, I had a messed up disk it was an easy fix." For a surgery the scar was long, messy, and very odd, but I didn't question it and nodded. "Is it noticeable?"

" No not unless you're up very close. So only Dan will see." I smirked as she batted at my hand before going to change.

"Stop tempting me."

"You're tempting yourself Tara." She came out with dress in hand, leading the way to the shoes were she picked up a pair of red pumps and continued to browse.

"Tara? Is that you?" I glanced over a gorgeous brown haired figure walked towards us, wearing a nice suit.

"Steven?" I watched her flash a smile as he pulled her into a hug before kissing her cheek.

"I didn't know you got out? When were you deactiaved?"

"Two years ago. After Kiki. She umm... She passed." He lowered his hues and shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I know you two were tight. I'm glad you're alive. They deactivated me once the mission failed. Collins was sent in to find you two. Can I ask what happened to her?"

"Umm they took her apart." Her jaw tensed as she lowered her head yet looked at him. "I barely got away in time, but after that I left and... Just... I try to forget is all. " he nodded slowly before pulling her into a hug.

"It's good to know you're okay... You still got my number?"

" Yeah. I'll give you a call sometime soon for sure. I can't go into too much detail right now." With that they let each other go and he walked off. I was full of questions and already spitting them off.

"Spill it. Whose Kiki? What did you do before this? Don't bullshit me." She sighed as we walked to the check out, sitting our things on the counter as the woman scanned.

"Kiki was a robot we worked on... It was classified." Bullshit. I could tell. No one would be sad over a robot. "Steven and I were on the same team. It's hard to explain without giving away classified things."

"Mmm" I nodded as she paid, even for my things before we walked out. I noticed Steven watching as she left, his eyes glued to her before he glanced at me. When she would come out of her shell I could only guess. Whatever has happened wasn't going to be told anytime soon. "Maybe we should be getting back. I've gotta do my make up and that takes forever." She glanced back at me with a questioning look before nodding slowly.

"Sure... We'll shop another day." A smile cracked her features before we walked along towards the hotel, I couldn't trust her. Dan had to know he couldn't either. Not until the truth was revealed. Maybe that Steven guy would talk after a few drinks with the famous men of Bastille. A smirk crossed my lips, the ideas running through my mind. Now it was just about how to pull it all off in a few hours and get everything ready for tonight.