The Normal Part

Tara POV

My eyes were glued to him on stage, was this what being normal felt like to them? The girls and I danced in the up front VIP section with the fans. Before the show they wanted to take photos with us and of course after the show they would get to meet the boys.

"Your Dan Smith's girlfriend? Is it true your gonna have a baby?" I laughed softly before shaking my head.

"No don't always believe what you see on the telly." She laughed before we took a photo together. I would be all over social media how awful for a spy. My appearance would need to change obviously. Lucy tapped my shoulder and handed me another drink as we leaned against the bars behind us, watching the boys perform. It was magical to see that spark in his aqua eyes. Though the awful dancing was something you couldn't over look. To me it was partially cute.

"I've gotta go feed the baby! Save my drink!" Lucy yelled over the music as she handed me her fruity mixture. A laugh passing my lips as she walked away. Before long it was time for flaws, the craziest song of the night merely because of that fact that Dan insisted on running through the crowd. Security hated it, not me, but Steven who had to follow after. The last lines were approaching as he ran towards me, stopping and taking my hand. The camera was watching us, the whole bloody crowd was watching us. He let go of my hand, his hood still up till he pushed it off.

"All of your flaws and all of my flaws are laid out one by one
Look at the wonderful mess that we made
We pick ourselves undone..." He kneeled, I think I felt sick as if I had drank too much whiskey. Which most of the time I loved to do and it was a good sick. "Bloody hell... I'm out of breath." He laughed digging in his pocket, the crowd was screaming. Fangirl screaming. "Tara love, will you marry?" I nodded, was I crying? Fuck yeah I was. He stood and slid the ring on my finger before pressing a kiss to my lips. The crowd was still going wild as Dan headed back to the stage. "One more yeah?!" I stood back where I was leaning and listened to the boys play Pompeii before glancing at the ring finally. A golden band with a simple diamond. A smile crossed my lips before I made my way back stage, Lucy grinning ear to ear.

 "You didn't have to feed the baby! I knew it!" I laughed and sat down, sighing softly and putting my feet up on the table

"I had to make it picture perfect." Lucy looked past me as the boys funneled in, Dan picking me up and kissing me.

"Ugh so much sweat!" I whinned as he laughed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna shower, we'll do the meet and greets and then back to the bus!"

"Yay, good to know freedom is close!" Kyle followed after as did Woody and Will. Steven walked in and glanced at me.

"Congratulations." I smiled and looked down at my ring.

"Thanks."

"Are you going to quit?" I shook my head and glanced up.

" No, but I'll have to change my appearance for sure. My cover is completely gone."

"So you're coming next week?"

" No... What's the mission?" He motioned his head to the girls before I sighed and followed him ouside, tugging on my jacket that was wrapped around my waist.

"Operation Clyde." I made a face before leaning against the wall and pulling out a cigarette. "I dunno who Clyde is, but Evans keeps thinking there are more of us that didn't really make it home." I didn't get around to lighting it as it idlely balanced between my fingers.

"Does he have a running list?"

" Well any solider they didn't stop by the base and made a 'call' saying their home is on the list. That's 50 people. 50 people they we've marked alive that could be missing."

"The fuck are you getting at?" He stood in front of me before looking around then in my eyes.

"Tara your parents are on that list." My heart sunk. They never called saying they were on their way. They texted of course. I was starting to slide down the wall when Steven grabbed my waist. "I'm not certain their alive."

"But there is a chance." I looked in his eyes before looking at the lump under my skin in my arm. "I'm going then." Steven grabbed my arm.

"Wait this trip out."

"I want to go." He took my chin between his fingers.

"Wait for the next one. This is merely a scan. We won't be allowed to do anything." I sigh but was taken off guard when his lips met mine. He pulled away and stroke my cheek. "Don't say anything. I just had to do that before I go again... Before I don't have a chance ever with you because he's snatched you up." I blinked a few times before he went back inside. I slid down the wall, resting my arms straight out and my elbows on my knees. A laugh escaped me before I looked up at the sky, taking a deep breath.

"Tara?! There you are!" Lucy pulled me from my thoughts as she tugged me off the ground. "We've got to have a toast to you and Danny Boy!" I followed along through the building and to the bus. A champagne glass shoved in my hand by Lucy, finally I came back down to earth once his hand squeezed mine. I glanced at him, seeing that smile that made mine light up.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He mumbled and pressed his lips to mine before we sat down sipping out champagne. The next morning, Steven was gone. A letter of resignation adorned the kitchen table. He was off to handle the mission on his own. He knew he wasn't going to make it back.