Memory Loss

Dan POV

She was fast asleep in my embrace, she'd shown emotion for once. It was almost as if she was showing just how comfortable she was around me. Carefully I covered her up and got out of bed, showering, then changing into a pair of jeans and white shirt.

"Dan?" I glanced back as Lucy peaked in with Tara's phone in her hand. "Someone keeps calling. Can you call it back with me?" I laughed softly and nodded before heading to the kitchen and adjusting my glasses before clicking send.

" Hello Miss Wolf?"

" No this is Daniel Smith, she's sleeping whose this?"

"This is Doctor Roberts. I'm actually glad you answered, you're her guardian in case of anything. I assume she spoke to you about her coming treatment."

"Vaguely... Can you explain more?" I had pulled a Lucy, plus I needed to know what was going on with Tara. She would always keep stuff away from me that would hurt me. Like she said last night she'd protect me.

"Well Miss Wolf was injected with a virus. It's new, but it's best described as a Cancer like virus. Of course it's lacking the contagion in it, because it seems they were testing how lethal it can be to a human. Well it... It could do two things from my study. It could kill her rapidly, take her memory, and she wouldn't feel much... Or it isn't progressed enough and her body will just fight it off. Either way, she's going to need a lot of rest and I want to get her on some general antibiotics. "

"If it is strong enough to kill her how long would she have?"

" Like I said to her, days if she makes it that far." My bottom lip was trembling. "I must go I've got another patient. Tell her I will see her this afternoon." I hung up, Lucy was upset, more than angry as she ran down the hall to my room.

" Fuck you! Fuck you!" I ran after her, Tara was dressed still, but now sitting at the bottom of the bed as Lucy smacked her. Kyle quickly pulling her back. "You fucking bitch! You could die any fucking day and you want to hide that?!" Tara stood and and looked Lucy in the eyes with a cold expression.

"I didn't tell you... Because I knew this right here would happen. Now, it isn't set in stone that I'm going to die. Don't be so pessimistic. Go get fuckin ready. We're all going to base for dinner and drinks." She walked past Lucy and into the bathroom closing the door with a slam.

"I swear... I'll kick her ass if she dies." Lucy sniffled before Kyle guided her to the spare room. A sigh passed my lips as I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Come in Dan." She was leaning against the counter, peeling back the bandage on her shoulder from the gunshot wound. It was bleeding of course. She'd obviously been moving the muscles more than she'd been instructed. "She'll calm down..."

" What about me?" Her eyes raised for a moment before she grabbed a cloth and cleaned the wound with alcohol.

" If I die everything I own is yours. A house in Ireland, a flat here, and more money than anyone needs." I shook my head and moved the cloth away, grabbing a new gauze to place over it.

"I don't want anything."

"As pathetic as it sounds you're all I have to give it to Dan. No family. No aunts, Uncles, no one." She looked at my face as I carefully taped the edges before adjusting her shirt over it once more.

"You say you love me... Do you know what that word means?"

"I can't say I'm 100% correct with my definition of Love, but you make me feel so calm. I could stay by your side and just be me Dan. There is nothing that stands between us." She stroked my cheek, looking at me with those bright hues. "I love and hate how you make me feel because you're my greatest weakness. Just like my father was to my mother." She nodded once before walking into the bedroom and grabbing her jacket. How she was even functioning I had no clue.