Final Mission

Dan POV

You left just like that and it hurt. To be honest I was glad you said this was the last time. I just hoped you would commit to it. That you would stay true to your word. It was surprising you didn't even stay now that Lilly existed. It was almost as if you were putting a gun to your head willingly....

Lilly refused to sleep in her bed while Tara was gone. I was thankful in a way because I couldn't sleep alone without her. Last year we'd bought a incredibly large home merely because we wanted to be a family. By family I mean the whole band had a place to stay. It had been one week and I was already worried. Pacing constantly and unable to write music. I wasn't ready to retire, it just so happens that my muse was once again gone.

" Dan? Dan?" I was pulled from my thoughts as Lucy shook my shoulder. I was staring at the floor with tears in my eyes.

"Sorry."

"We all miss her. It's hard on all of us love." I nodded and sighed checking my phone. A missed call. How could I miss a call. Especially from that familiar number. I quickly dialed Evans again and held my breath.

"Daniel? It's time to come. Bring everyone I feel it would be best." He hung up before I could say a word. It didn't sound good. My heart thumped in my chest. I couldn't bare the idea of being without her in this world. The ride was the same as always. Silent. Lilly didn't know what to think about it and merely joined us in silence. Which was odd cause ever since she started talking she wouldn't stop till she was asleep. I didn't mind neither did Tara, we adored our baby girl. She was the calm in our busy world all the time. Though she was a bit wild in her own way considering she was a toddler. None the less Lilly was always sweet as can be,never whining for anything but love and affection from us.

I parked on the tarmac as the plane backed in closer and the back began to drop down. There she was....

Tara POV

My ears rang from the constant gun fire. The mansion flooded with enemy troops and of course the target. Eli caught his breath before firing again.

"This is going to fucking work!" I yelled before yanking out my walkie talkie. "This is Cleo I repeat this is Cleo. Air strike at target. Engage! Over!"

"This is flyer 82 preparing for missile launch over. Stand by." I took a deep breath, peeking over the wall at the targeted building. The sound of drone engines filled the sky like the sound of bullets. My head thumping. Then they dropped. The explosive devices sending the pieces of the mansion everywhere. Anna was frightened, but she slid down to squat beside me and gave a nod. "Target hit... Over." I climbed over the half wall and lead the way to only accessible entrance of the building. I could hear screams of people burning and those injured from the rubble falling. There laid children, I stopped in my tracks. In them I could see my Lilly. It crossed my mind that I was missing so much yet here laid actual children. Never to open their eyes again nor grow up to possibly chnge the world. Why? Because of my people. My orders to bomb.

"Cleo!" My arm shook, Eli yelled close to my ear. "We gotta find the target! Snap out of it commander!"

"I'm aware!" I yelled back looking in his eyes before quickly running ahead into the building. Anna looked nervous even more than before. Usually the nerves simmered down, yet her's were rising. "You alright?"

"Yeah! Lead the way boss!" I gave a nod and walked ahead of Dexter and Morgan. The mansion nearly empty yet there stood a door between me and my target. Zarcowi. His men all fallen yet past the door he sat. Unphased by me opening it and clicking my gun. Once again I wondered why... Until the gun clicked behind me. I turned my head as the girl behind be closed the door with her foot. Anna.

"Please do tell me your real name if you're going to be the one to kill me..."

"Reba..." Her American accent gone. I can tell you Dan... My heart didn't thump in my chest like it did being tortured. I didn't feel fear. Maybe it was because I knew you had Lilly to make you smile through dark time. Maybe it was because my dad would be there too.

" Well Reba..." I kneeled, dropping my gun. "What makes me worse than the man behind that desk? Do you really know me? To execute me?" She blinked a few times.

"Your name is Tara Wolf... Wife of a Daniel Smith... Mother of a girl... You don't feel... They say you survived the torture of our greatest warrior."

" Then what makes me so worth death?"

"You killed my father's people..."

"As you all killed mine." The gun pressed against my forehead. Truth be told Dan it was at this point it flashed before me... My life I mean. The first time I met you and kissed you. The first time you called me yours... The first time I held our baby girl... The pain was manageable I swear. It all went dark quick and all I could hear was Reba's screams as her father was shot then herself. I felt the warmth of arms pick me up. The sensation of flying. I was coming home dead or alive. I promised that to you my love.

~~~~~~~~

So here is where the alt ending come in... The first one will be happy of course. The second you can read if you want. I just felt this story needed both endings to really be complete. However I have a post ending chapter as well for the happy version that sort of ties all the knots into pretty bows! Yay!