The Pink Ribbon

Tara POV

"I promise I'll call. Every day yeah?" He blinked back tears and wrapped his arms around me more more time before kneeling and placing kisses along my stomach. "You don't give your mother grief. Let her sleep." I felt a kick, a smile crossing my lips.

"We love you."

"I love you too." He stood and kissed me softly. I waved good bye once again to the man whose life was shared with mine. The others did the same and even cried more than me. Tears flooded my vision before Chrissy and I walked hand in hand towards the exit. Lucy and Awoui behind us.

"Gosh it's gonna be weird. How many months did they say?"

"3, but don't think about it..."

"I'm due in three months. I have to think about it. "I was nudged slightly by Lucy.

"Cheer up. I'm gonna go grab a bite to eat with Awoui you wanna come?"

" No I need to meet with Wesley. He needs some help. I'll call you girls tonight we can do that sleep over ya?" They all nodded before I turned and went my separate way. My body guiding me to the coffee shop where I clumsily bumped into a tall brunette. Her coffee being sent to the floor. "O bloody hell! I'm sorry!"

"It's my fault I was looking at my stupid phone." She laughed slightly and shined her smile at me before we began cleaning up the mess. "I'm Kat. You... You look super familiar."

"Mmm my name's Tara?"

" Dan Smith's wife?"

"Not yet." I laughed slightly before standing, taking a deep breath, just doing that was exhausting.

"ah sorry I assumed because of the baby... How far along are you?"

"Six months."

"I remember when I was pregnant. Such a nice time for a couple."

"O yeah? How many have you had?"

" Two. One boy one girl."

"I think I'm having a girl." I smiled slightly and looked at the pink ribbion tied to my wrist. "At least that is what Dan thinks. He literally tied this on I think for good luck." She laughed softly and we got back in line once her coffee was cleaned up.

"That's so sweet. My husband is very sweet too. I would change him for the world. His names Dan." I made a slight face before giving a huff of a laugh.

"Well what a coincidence. Say I'm sorry about you coffee would you care to may be to out for a cup on me tomorrow?" She nodded almost too quickly as I grabbed my cup and she still waited for hers.

"That sounds great! Wanna meet at that coffee shop on Faith street? It's right nearby."

"That's actually my favourite shop. That sounds great!" I hurried along to the car, catching my breath and shaking off the odd feeling I got before heading towards Virgin Record's office. As I drove I noticed the pink ribbon was gone and frowned slightly. Damn it. Dan would be a bit sour, but Every thing would be okay right? This was life settling down? The wild part was over right?

Another POV

There you stood, hugging and kissing him. My husband, it made me shiver. They way he looked at you made me sick because I know he couldn't have forgotten about me. O and the baby. How beautiful it would be if it came out with his eyes and hair, I surely hope it lacks your features and it resembles him. That way they would all think it's mine. I could win his heart back with mine and his baby. I walked over to the coffee shop, you slowly made your way over and I bumped into you.

You told me about the pink ribbon on your wrist. I was going to have a daughter? O Dan would be so excited for a baby girl. I would surely have to go shopping for her soon. She would need every thing the world has to offer. When you stood there I noticed it get loose and carefully tugged the end, letting fall from your wrist. You walk off and I carefully picked it up from the ground. It smelled like him slightly. Carefully I tied it around my wrist and headed to my car with a grin on my face. I was going to be a mom.

Quickly I rushed home and went into my room, a photo of him and I resting on the nightstand. I examined the ribbon and giggled softly.

"I'm so excited to meet our baby girl Dan. I'm sorry Tara can't be around for all of that, but I need you to myself." I glanced at the photo before crawling towards it. "This place will be perfect for our baby. It's a nice big house. All we need is a baby boy and our family will be complete. We can be together." I grabbed the ring off the nightstand and slipped it on. He bought it for me when I asked. "I just wish your mom would support our relationship. I'm sure she'll come through. I just don't know why you didn't ask me to marry you." A sigh escaped me before I got out of bed and walked to the living room, turning on the radio to hear his voice. "It's okay though. I'll wait. You won't say no when I have our baby. It will be too perfect for you to resist." I humbled along before grabbing the hoodie I had taken before you made me leave.

"These four walls to keep you
One floor to sleep upon and only
These four walls to keep you
These four walls contain you
Supposed to save you from yourself and
These four walls in Holcomb
To keep you from the sun"

"Don't worry Dan. Only three months till you're with me. Tara will go away and we can be together." It was set in my mind as I began to fall asleep. The world around was wild to me. In truth it was me who was wild.

~~~~~~~~

Pretty creepy right? Good that is what I was going for this time. Ha!