No more Goodbyes

Dan POV

I couldn't tell, but I was holding my breath watching that plane back drop. In truth I didn't know if I would see a coffin or her standing there. I can say now that it was a relief once the red hair began to show. Lilly was getting slightly squeezed in my embrace as all of us began to approach the plane. Like always she stopped at Evans, her neck was wrapped as was her arm and a minor cut on her forehead. She took his hand and sat a small box in it before giving a nod.

" My time is up commander... It has been an honour serving... The time has come for me to be the mother and wife I need to be... I can't be a warrior too."

"I understand soldier... Carry on." For the first time in my presence they exchanged a hug. The moment she looked in my eyes a grin crossed her face as she walked over and hugged me and Lilly.

"Mummmy! Mummy is home!! Uncle kitty! Mummy is home! Lillllyyyy mummy is home!" She laughed before kissing my lips and taking Lilly in her arms.

"Mummy is never leaving again either."

"Thank you... I love you." I mumbled against her lips before she stroked my cheek.

"I love you too.." She handed Lilly back to me and accepted a hug from everyone. Though I noticed the bandage on her neck began to bleed through slightly.

"Oi! What happened here?" Will chuckled and adjusted the bandage.

"I got shot what's new? As for this... I am no longer on call." She motioned to her arm before grinning. " Now let's go home! I want to know every thing that has happened!" I laughed softly and took her hand, giving it a squeeze as we walked to the car. Thankfully Will drove with Awoui in the front while the three of us were in the back.

"You know we did absolute nothing while you were gone... "

" No wedding plans yet?" Will chuckled before I shook my head and blushed.

" No Will, those start tomorrow. Once I get a lot of sleep and... Pizza."

"With bacon?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way as my first meal home"

" It crossed my mind love, now that you're retired so to speak... What are you gonna do?" She cracked a smile looking at me before down at Lilly.

"I think it's time I went back to helping Wesley... Touring the world with the famous Bastille and writing music. Focusing on being a wife and mother. I've served my time and I don't plan on going back other than to drink." I smiled back before leaning over Lilly and pressing a kiss to her lips.

" So how did you get shot?" Will was always interested in the war stories she would return with even if the question could be seen as insensitive.

"One of my own was a traitor...." She took a deep breath. "By some crazy miracle I managed to coax her into almost not shooting me. I was able to make it all look real, but she still ended up getting killed... Her and the target."

"Bloody hell..."

" Yeah... I dunno how she got in to our program, let along on my team... Evans said he'll be investigating."

"I don't wish to think about that..." I mumbled before she squeezed my hand.

"I know... Don't worry I'm here now babe. Alive and well."

It was time for this wild world to be calm for good. At least for us. No more war or violence. Just this family, functioning as normal. In truth the next months were bliss. We got strong again. Bonded again. It seemed the horrors of war didn't tie her down. Nor the memories that were so dark.

~~~~~~

Very very short I know. Why you ask? Because this is part 1 of what I like to call the happy ending. The next chapter called good bye is the sad portion. After that is the part two of the happy ending. So cheers!