The Calling

Tara POV

Weeks had passed, things were going great for once. Recently though I found myself so close to Dan. Every morning we'd sit and have coffee and write music then go back to mine or his room and just lay there. Sometimes we would talk about anything that came to mind. It felt like home with him. A warmth he gave off made life bearable. He knew my secret, after all I knew Steven told them. We never talked about it though for more than a few minutes. It was too difficult.

Then today came crashing down on my semi perfect world. The beeping... The persistent beeping.

"Tara?" He mumbled as I slowly woke up. We were in London at his flat. Limbs tangled together in his bed. "Tara?"

"Mmm not yet Daniel..." My eyes slowly opened as I saw the small light under my skin. Not yet. I wasn't ready. Slowly I sat up and looked at it before looking to him. The next noise that filled my ears was my phone that I snatched off the table and answered. "Hello?"

"Mission Pharoph had been reactivated." A computerized woman's voice played. "Please report to base 28 at 0900 hours. Please state your name."

"Tara Wolf."

"Tara Wolf.... Cleo has been activated." Then the line hung up. I wasn't ready as I sat there in shock.

"Tara?"

"Don't forget me Daniel... Please." He sat up and wrapped his arms around me, placing a kiss on my shoulder.

"Can I drop you off at least?"

"I would love for you all to.... I want to say good bye this time properly." He nodded before laying back down and rubbing his face before I laid beside him. I carefully moved his hands away and placed my lips against his. I couldn't say who was more scared in this situation.

I got out of bed, showered and packed my bag all in 30 minutes. My black cargo pants, boots, and white shirt was the uniform I slipped into before putting my hair up. We didn't say a word as we got in the car a few minutes later and met with Lucy, Kyle, Woody, and Will. This was my family. My everything. The two vehicles were escorted onto the base and all the way to the tarmac where we parked near the giant cargo military plane. There stood my commander, Evens, waiting for me by the plane.

"Ready?" I mumbled getting out and grabbing my bag. Steven walked up as did Collins at the same time I did.

"Tara?" Lucy mumbled as I set my bag down and looked to them.

" Yeah?"

"Come home? Please?"

"I will." I laughed softly before pulling her into a hug and placing a kiss to her cheek. "Keep an eye on his for me eh?"

"I will..." She laughed before Kyle hugged me tightly.

"Safe travels. Gosh who will irritate Dan with me?"

"Mmm you do just fine on your own." Will walked up and picked me up in a hug. "Trying to crush me eh?"

" We will miss you. Stay out of trouble unless you're with me."

"I'll try...." Woody laughed as he sat me down.

" We'll keep him smiling alright."

" Thank you." I hugged him and then looked to Dan. He pulled me into one of his bear hugs before I kissed him then placed my forehead against his. "I will be back."

"I know... I love you." He mumbled before I kissed him again. I couldn't say I love you. Not like this. I took a deep breath and smiled before shooting them all a wink and boarding the plane with the others and the two I knew. Before long we were off. Off to complete Pharoph.

Dan POV

She couldn't say it, but the smile told me she felt it. I leaned against the car and watched the plane start to roll before going off into the air and the commander walking towards us.

" She will be fine. She's the smartest one on that plane. I'll keep you updated, she's got you at her Point of Contact. That's odd for her, which means she cares." He chuckled and squeezed my shoulder before walking by me. I was numb. In a mere hour my life had changed.

"Come on... Let's go home eh?" Kyle squeezed my shoulder and I got into the car with Will and Woody. I didn't say a word till we all walked into my flat, her things lingering everywhere.

"It's gonna be quiet without her." I laughed slightly and sat down, glancing to her phone she had to leave behind.

" Well Kyle and I are staying here in the spare room, so it will never be quiet." Lucy grinned, it was forced, this whole moment was forced. All I did was shrug before Will sighed and rubbed his face.

"I don't think it's fair they can just request her like that out of the bloody blue."

"They can do what they want it seems." Woody walked in from the kitchen with a pitcher of hot tea and mugs before sitting down and pouring himself a mug full. " I think it would be best if we just focused on writing. We've gotta tour Europe in a few weeks and I'm sure she'll be back soon enough for that leg right?"

"I hope so... I have no one to go shopping with anymore." Lucy sighed and poured herself some tea. My mind was racing before finally I got up and walked to the studio room, sitting down at my piano and taking a deep breath. My fingers fumbled along the keys as I sung a verse that has popped into my head.

"Hold me in this wild, wild, world /
Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be / And in your heat I feel how cold it can get / Hold me in this wild, wild, world / Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be / And in your heat I feel how cold it can get / Now draw me close"

"Dan that's fucking brilliant mate." Will walked in and started scribbling it down. "Keep going!"

" No... But what about this for something else?" I adjusted my fingers on the keys.

"An act of kindness / Is what you show to me / It caught me by surprise in this town of glass and eyes / Kindness, so many people pass me by / But you warm me to my core and you left me wanting more"

" Well... Looks like we've got two songs started. I'll get the others." Will sat the pen down as I looked down at my hands and took a deep breath. She was taking over my music.