Running

Kat POV

"Your first Halloween Lilly!" I grinned at the baby in my arms. "Shall we give out candy to trick or treaters?" She giggled as I patted her back, swaying slightly. " Then that we shall." I sighed slightly and glanced at the clock. "Let's get you into your little outfit." I wandered down the hall and into the nursery, slipping her into a yellow dress and yellow headband. It would be soon that I would invite Dan into our lives, but tonight I planned to have fun. Just me and Lilly. Or so I thought. The front door was open, the light on, signalling trick or treaters to come up to the town house for candy. The first few were extremely young, a cowboy and princess. Then that's when it began. A girl with a skull painted face.

" Hello!"

"Trick or treat!" I offered the basket with my free hand.

" Now what are you?"

"I'm a stormer!"

" Ah a Bastille fan. Me too. So is my little girl here. Enjoy your candy!" She smiled, thought it seemed forced. I sat on the step once she left watching as she typed away on her phone. Lilly began to whine slightly, a sigh passing my lips. "Shhh it's alright."

Dan POV

My phone pinged as I sat watching Tara try so hard to smile to the kids whom stopped by. Inside I knew she was in hell. She even said she would rather get tortured again then spend another day without our baby. I opened up Twitter, stormers were spamming me.

@BastilleDan Williams street yellow town house?

"Tara?"

"Yeah Daniel?"

"Grab your jacket, call your dad and tell him to get the police. Williams street, yellow town house." I sprinted, grabbing my jacket and a blanket, praying frantically in my head it was truly a real lead. Tara was already in the car and once I was in she sped down the street, phone going through Bluetooth.

"Sweetheart what's wrong?"

"Dad get to Williams street the yellow town house. Now." He hung up, everyone was wired, Kyle, Will, and Woody all texted and waiting patiently. It was the longest thirty minute car drive. Thankfully the yard was already covered in special ops troops and regular police. Of course the media had already set up, watching and waiting.

"Ma'am come out and with your hands up!" The man yelled into a loud speaker. I got out and stood next to Roy watching as I clutched the pink blanket in my hands. A crowd forming behind the tape. Roy and I had to hold Tara back. She was ready to know. We all were. Then popped out a head front behind the white door soon a baby in hand.

"Don't fire!" Everyone lowered their guns. I held my breath.

" Dan?! Honey you're home! Come hold our baby!"

"You fucking- " Roy covered Tara's mouth.

"Go... Slowly." Roy mumbled, glancing at me. I cleared my throat and slowly walked ahead. I felt dizzy and nauseous.

"Katie?"

" Yes it's me! You remember!" She was bloody crying, then Lilly began to whine. I was a mere foot from her and I could see the oceanic eyes. I wanted to cry.

"Can... Can I hold her?" She giggled and held the baby out, she was biting her bottom lip.

"Of course! She's ours! I kept her safe. Let's go inside." I carefully took Lilly in my arms that's when they moved in and she was on the ground screaming violently. "Don't go Dan! She's ours! Your baby and mine!" I turned around, clutching the small bundle to my chest till I got to Tara. She was crying on her knees. I lowered myself to the ground and we sat leaning against a police car. I held Tara as she took the baby in her arms.

" Lilly... My sweet baby... O thank you. O my gosh." She closed her eyes, her lips pressed to the now silent baby. I wiped my tears away and held them tighter. This was the moment I needed. Sanity coming back and calm in this wild world for the moment. Tara handed me the baby and ran over to the car they were starting to put Kat in and sure enough her fist connected to her face. "Fucking rot you monster!" Roy yanked her back.

"Enough! She's going to base. You'll get your chance..." Tara nodded before looking to the crowd.

"Who sent the tweet to Dan? I know it was one of you." She climbed onto a military truck and looked around. "Please come forward." Slowly approached was a blonde girl, probably 18 or so with brown eyes. Her face painted like a skeleton. Tara jumped off and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you. I can't repay you enough." I stood and walked over, handing Tara the baby and hugging the fan.

"Yes thank you. Really... If you want tickets for the rest of your life or a trip somewhere just ask." She laughed softly. "What's your name?"

"Eva... And I'll surely hold you up to your offer." I laughed before taking a photo with her and giving her Tara's and I's number.

"Really... Thank you." Tara was nearly in tears again. "Eva you don't understand how much I missed my baby girl and your heroic effort.... It will never be forgotten." Just like that, news trucks slowly began to leave. Roy drove us home and what awaited us was magic. The whole family at our house, ready to meet the baby for the first time. I didn't think Will cried ever, but tonight I saw the first few tears. Everyone I think cried to be honest. Tara on the other hand. She smiled. Genuinely for the first time in forever. She was the warrior again. Me? Well I hadn't change. I'm just Dan, the singer of Bastille. Ready to continue this wild world lifestyle.

That night was bliss. In fact Tara and I didn't sleep. Not because the baby was crying, no she slept silently between us. We looked in aw at the miracle before us. I didn't know how leaving them behind would even be possible.