Missing Piece

Kat POV

Tara, do you realize how slow those two months went by? Every day I had to watch you and Dan walk down the street and it was sickening. Those kisses only increased my rage towards you. Though I knew he was treating our baby with great respect. I spent so many hours just waiting for you to deliver what I wanted. Finally the day had arrived, I heard your name on the phone system, you were in labor. O the joy I felt from watching down the hall, though I had to ignore the fact that you were squeezing Dan's hand. I quickly went to the new born room and prepared a bed, though I did of course pick the best blankets out for her. Yes her, Dan named her Lilly Smith. After all that was on her label. Her skin is so soft, her eyes just like his. You're probably wondering where she is now. After all it has been two months since I took her. She sleeps through the night and eats so well. She smiles all the time in her sleep, I love to hold her. Soon Dan will join me. We can start the second part of our family. Good bye Tara.

Tara POV

Two months since I heard her cries, it has torn me to pieces. Someone had stolen are Lilly right from the hospital. Dan knew who it was, everyone did. Katherine Lovette. Nurse, age 31. Psycopath and Dan Smith's ex. I opened my eyes like every morning and slowly sat up. Dan for once was already gone for the day, off to the studio to vent his pain. The first month was the hardest, I wanted to go away. To wake up from this nightmare without you missing.
I slowly walked down the hall to the untouched nursery, every morning I cried for you. I cried to hold you. To feed you. To wake up in the middle of the night like normal parents. I fell to my knees clutching the blanket that you had been laid in and taken from so quickly. Was your skin still soft as silk? Your eyes still as bright as your father's use to be? What color will your hair be? Please tell me not red, though your grandfather prays on it every day.
My baby girl the military is even looking for you since day one. Wherever you are with that monster must be somewhere well hidden and quiet. My best people search from dusk till dawn. Some people tell me to give up. I won't. Not till your in my arms.
I think my sanity is slipping. I wish I was still in the war zone. No one will let me go back. Not with you missing. Slowly I rose from the floor and wandered to the bedroom, going into my night stand. Baby girl I won't have to suffer anymore if I do it. Just one click and it's over. I picked the object up in my hands and removed all but one bullet, my hands shaking. It was like a flash back I kneeled before the full length mirror in our room, holding it to my head. I thought I was alone, yet behind me the door opened. Click one.

"Tara!" I felt a force knock me down, click two hit the wall as Kyle yanked me into his arms, your aunt Lucy and your father standing in the door. I had never seen him so distraught. Sobs left me as Kyle rocked me back and forth.

" My baby! I want my baby girl!"

" Well killing yourself isn't gonna get her back now is it?!"

"I can't do it anymore Kyle! I can't wake up not knowing where she is... Why did she take my baby." I heard the front door close then Dan's voice from outside.

"Katie?! I want my fucking baby!" Great now he was losing it too. I heard the front door slam again, then sobs of Dan and hushes from Lucy.

" We'll find her I promise alright? We'll work even harder Tara. You and Dan need to get it together for her! Otherwise you'll just keep self destructing." I looked up at him, even his eyes had lost color. We were all suffering. All I could do was nod as Kyle got up and took the gun. He wasn't leaving it behind. Slowly I got up and looked in the mirror. Who was I kidding. Your uncle Kyle was right. My red hair was a mess. I needed to get it together. A deep breath left my lungs before I went and showered. You would be proud of your mother in this very moment Lilly. I got my shit together. I became the warrior again. The warrior who was tortured and survive. Though darling let me tell you this was worst than torture.

"Tara?" I looked up from lacing my boots, Dan was standing there. "Come... Let me show you something." I followed him to the front door. Lilly let me tell you. I was wrong in who I picked to find you. It wasn't my choice that was right. It was your father's that brought you back to us.
Before me stood the stormers. The fans that loved me and your father as much as they wanted to find you. You had no picture to plaster around, but Katherine's was now flood on social media. She was on every lamp post in England.

"Thank you everyone for coming.... Please grab copies plaster them. Storm the Bastille." Kyle yelled. Lilly never in my life did I feel more confident that I would see you again. The fans gave me strength. The hugged me, hugged all of us. My sweet flower I will see you soon. So very soon and the woman whom took you better pray I am not the one whom finds her. Her pain will be spectacular if I do. After all she made me suffer for this long, she deserves something very special.

~~~~~~~~~~
Comments welcome!