Panic Attack

Dan POV

How many days had she been gone before I got that phone call. It was what I had been waiting for and knew was coming. I was looking at the ring she had left, my heart beating in my throat.

" Hello?"

"Come to base 32 at 900 hours." The line went dead. What had happened. It was in a flash that I was at the base, everyone standing on the tarmac as the plane's rear opened. There stood Evans and a coffin with a flag draped over the top. Will covered his mouth with an arm around Awuoi, Chrissy and Woody lowered their heads.

" No!" I yelled and found myself kneeling by its side. Clutching the flag in my grasp as Lucy cried and Kyle held her. She was gone. Completely out of reach now. Her skin was cold and pale, yet she was all in one piece.

"Daddy? Daddy?" I lifted my head and saw a young redhead girl with blue eyes staring at me. "Where is mommy? Where did she go?" I pulled her into my embrace, silent sobs leaving me. She was ours, how and when I didn't know.

"She's up with all the other angels sweetie. She's watching us right now and protecting us."

"Does this mean I won't get to see her anymore?"

"No sweetie... we don't get to see mommy anymore." I felt my arm shaking, Kyle was behind me, his mouth open.

"Dan! Dan!"

My eyes shot open, Kyle was shaking me as I laid on the sofa on the tour bus. Four weeks and counting since I woke up alone with her ring sitting on the ledge in front of me. It seemed I could never get her to stay. She was a wild soul.

"Dan mate? You... You alright?"

"Just another dream..." I slowly sat up and rubbed my face, sighing softly. I hadn't been eating, sleeping, it was all just a blur. He adjusted the table and sat down containers of breakfast food, mainly different crepes. "I'm not hungry."

"Dan you need to eat, otherwise there isn't going to be any of you left for Tara when she comes home!"

"IF...if she comes home."

"She is going to come home." Lucy grumbled, walking in with Bella in her arms. "Gosh I can't wait to get home for this week, I need a bloody break from this tour bus."

"I could use a month break." Woody whined. Greg played around with his camera and glanced at me.

"I was think of when she gets back if she'll let me do a sort of photo biography." I nodded slowly before glancing at the ring, hanging on the string in the tour bus kitchen. It was our way for her to always be here with us.

"Evans said he would call if he received any news. Last time I heard they had to go off grid to not get tracked. Steven went on a suicide mission and now she's following along!"

"Pessimist." Will mumbled before rolling his eyes. Lucy sighed slightly.

"I think she feels guilty about his death. I guess I should have told you this earlier."

"Told me what?"

" The day before he left... He kissed her Dan. She didn't kiss him back. She obviously loves you, but Steve died for whatever it was Tara is now going after." I shivered slightly before taking a deep breath and walking to the back of the bus. I couldn't be angry, I missed her too much. My fist connected to the picture hanging on the wall, the glass shards sinking into my skin before I sat down and held my face. Lucy walked in and gasped before running to I assume get bandages. I was losing myself in this wild world.

Tara POV

I held my gun in an iron grip, taking a deep breath as I flicked my finger up and down. Morgan elbowed the glass before tossing in the flash grenade. Dexter busted down the door before Eli and Kali rushed behind, of course I was in the rear.

"Get down! On the ground!" Two shots fired off quick from Morgan's gun. My eyes adjusted to the darkness, the smell of burnt flesh and death. Just like every other place here it was dark, dust, and now lifeless. Eli walked to the door and stood as look out as I slowly walked through the building. Body pieces, freshly dead humans. I walked over a rug hearing a creaking noise.

"Kali help me with this rug." She got on the other side and we carefully peeled it back revealing a metal door. "Dex, I'm gonna open it.." He aimed his gun as slowly I pulled it back, there they were. Hostages all with a bewildered looks on their faces. Cries left them all as Dex and Morgan began helping the ones that could walk out of their dark grave. "Eli, ETA for transport?"

"Two clicks." I nodded and climbed down the stairs, using the flashlight on my gun to guide me. Kali began unchaining the dead and the living. Then there he was, almost like I remembered him. He was thin, his Sandy hair had been recently cut, though the beard was long.

"Roy Wolf?"

"Ei who are ya?" His face was stained with blood and he had a swollen eye. I kneeled and carefully eased off the chains that bound him.

"I'm your daughter... Let's get you out of here." A sob left him as I began assisting him up the stairs, his arm draped over my shoulder and my other arm around his waist. There was no time for happy reunions at the moment.

" Tara... On my sweet rose... Ye mother would be proud."

"She's dead?" I mumbled and all he did was nod. The trucks arrived, everyone getting loaded in and I climbed in the back of the last one, looking at the destroyed city. This place wasn't a wild world at all. It was just a wild part in a calm world that we as humans made wild. I glanced back at my father, he was asleep, resting peacefully for the first time in ten years it seemed. I placed my hand on my stomach and sighed softly. "Your father is not gonna let me leave the bloody house once he hears about ya." A soft laugh escaped me as I leaned my head against the side of the truck. "I just hope this world is safe enough for you to explore." I sighed and glanced at Eli who was sharpening his blade, his mind probably wandering to his wife and kids. Kali who was like the old me. We were all ready to go home.