Slipping Up

Three years later

Yes you read that right! As this story comes to its final big moment I would like to thank you all for reading. I dare say there is three chapters left. I'll be doing two endings. One happy obviously and one that might bring some tears. So here we go!

Tara POV

Dan rushed off stage towards us, another world tour come to an end right here in London. Lilly giggled as he approached and took his face in her tiny hands.

"Yay daddy! So gooooooood!" He chuckled and kissed her forehead. "Ewieeee!"

" Hello love." He pressed a sweaty kiss to my lips before I laughed slightly.

"You're right Lilly daddy needs a shower! He's so ewie!"

" Ah too kind... my girls." I smiled as did he before rushing off to the showers.

"I can't wait to go home." Lucy yawned, the sleeping Bella on the sofa with the ear protectors.

"Yeah me neither. A nice long break right? Though I have to say I love the road. The fans... They've been so good." A laugh escaped me till I noticed the light. The bright light under my skin. I sunk down to the sofa. This wasn't happening. Not now.

"Mummy is glowing!"

"Hold her for me.." I mumbled and Lucy quickly took Lilly. They said they would only call in emergency. It didn't cross my mind that there would ever be a need for me again. I pulled my phone from my pocket and called Evans as I pulled down my sleeve. Though the light could still be seen faintly through the thin fabric.

"Agent Cleo... I'm sorry."

"It's alright. What's needed."

"You to lead a team. We have a assassination mission. Otherwise a whole city will fall to this man. How soon can you be here."

"I guess... Two hours?" The line went dead as I laid down and held my face. I would have to be away from the two people I loved the most in this world and possibly never come back. Dan walked into the room, and he could tell.

"Bloody hell.... Please tell me you said no!"

" Dan..."

"You said yes didn't you?"

" The last time ever... I'm deactivating after this.... I want another baby. I wanna finally have that wedding we keep talking about." He sighed and sat down, Lilly now in his arms instead of Lucy's. The whole family was right here in this room. Watching closely.

"Just say you'll come back for pizza?" Woody mumbled as Chrissy brushed away a tear.

"I will... I gotta go." I took a deep breath and stood up as did Dan. "I love you.... I love you too my baby girl." I kissed Lilly before kissing Dan. My forehead pressed against his before I moved away and hugged everyone else. Never had it been this hard to go before. Somehow I managed to hold my tears till I got outside and grabbed a taxi. I couldn't help but sob all the way to the house where I picked up the iconic black duffel bag. My eyes wandered to look at the family photos on the wall before quickly walking out to the SUV we'd purchased over last year. I couldn't even remember getting to the base and walking on the tarmac. Evans and a squad standing nearby.

"Tara!"

"Eli! Glad you're on my team... Kali, Dexter, Morgan... And?"

"Anna." I shook her hand and flashed a smile. She was nervous I could tell. Especially on a team of veterans. Little did I know the role she would soon play in this mission.

"Nice to meet you. Don't worry. We'll be fine." She gave a weak laugh before I looked to Evan as he handed me a file. A picture and location was all that was there and thankfully all I needed. I could remember that place like the back of my hand.

"Stay in contact. No funny business."

"Trust me... I really can't wait to retire. I'm gonna go back to focusing on my family. I know my old boss Wesley could really use the help too." I chuckled slightly and handed the folder around. "Burn this face into your memory alright? Shoot to kill. I don't care how. Just kill him." With that I led the way onto the plane and slipped my helmet onto my head. We all strapped in till the plane began to take off. I looked down at the duffel bag and unzipped the small pocket, pulling out a wallet sized photo. A sigh passed my lips as I tucked the treasured photo in my chest pocket of my vest. It was as close as I could be to Dan and Lilly.

In that moment it all sunk in slowly. I was a mother... Legally a wife... And a friend. The people I left at home would worry. They would count down the seconds to hear my voice just as I would count down to hear theirs. I swallowed the lump in my throat and began readying myself for what was about to come. It was all just mere luck if I would be prepared enough. After all there was only so much we could learn about the enemy. Before I knew it I was back in hell. The place the took my friends and my mother.

"Cleo? Cleo?"

"Yeah?" I blinked a few times.

"Lead the way." I stood and adjusted my gun around my body, being the first to step foot on the sandy ground. Dare I say my heart was pounding in my chest. That for once I wanted to turn around and just run. Maybe I should have done just that and left. Yanked the chip out and let someone else save the day. No. I had to be the hero. I had to calm this wild world for my daughter one last time. A deep breath left my lungs. Sensation slipped away. I was the warrior I needed to be in that moment. All I could do is pray it was enough to make it through. My eyes locked onto the building before me. We all exchanges glanced before I gave a nodded and waved my fingers forward. Click click.