Settle Down

Dan POV

I woke up thinking about last night, she was really here. It was obvious to me she was hiding something with her general comments that went into no detail about the past years. She couldn't have wasted six out of the eight years doing nothing, that was too normal for a girl like her. Like clock work I got up at six am, made coffee and sat down at my laptop trying to create something from nothing. I tried not to stare at her as she walked out in a large black T-shirt and red shorts, slowly walking to the fridge before sighing.

"Looking for coffee?" I mumbled, it was like a switch turned on in her, she flinched slightly before glancing back at me.

"You scared the hell out of me Daniel." I chuckled and turned the light on before going over to the brewer and pressing the button. "Why are you up so early?"

"Mmmm trying to work, but I just can't get my mind to focus." She gave a slight laugh and leaned against the counter looking at me as she crossed her arms.

"I have plenty of those days darling. Let me take a look at what you've got going on eh?" She grabbed her mug full of coffee, sitting down on the sofa and sipping at the black coffee. I sat beside her and showed her the words I had gotten and the beat I had to work with, though it wasn't much. She sat tapping her foot for a moment before taking the computer and typing away.

"Here sing along eh?" She slid the laptop onto my lap, restarting the beat. I sung from the beginning where I had wrote before getting to her part.

Every minute and every hour / I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more / Every stumble and each misfire / I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more

You might have to excuse me / I've lost control of all my senses / And you might have to excuse me / I've lost control of all my words / So get drunk, call me a fool / Put me in my place, put me in my place / Pick me up, up off the floor / Put me in my place, put me in my place

"Now you need to make some adjustments... So get Drunk! Call me a fool!... put some emotions in it!" I laughed slightly before resinging the porting she'd written, a smile crossing her lips. "Yeah exactly." She laughed softly before taking another sip of her coffee.

"I didn't know you knew how to write so well Tara." I mumbled before looking in her oceanic hues, she shrugged slightly with a smirk.

"As can you... I knew you were talented all those years ago. Now look. You've followed your dream."

"I owe you for giving me the kick in the arse, telling me to follow them." She laughed softly before I raised my hand to her cheek and gently stroked my thumb against it. "Can I say I really missed you... I knew you for a day... and yet you taught me so much." Her lips pressed to mine, probably to stop me from going on and on and ruining the moment. These were lips I longed to kiss and had wondered how they felt against mine again. She pulled away and moved my hand from her cheek before taking it in hers. Her coffee she sat down on the table before us.

"I miss you too Daniel... But this..." She motioned between us. "Can't happen... You're too good of a man for a woman like me."

"I doubt that." I mumbled scanning her eyes. "I've been up to more than you think recently." A laugh passed her lips before she tugged the bottom one between her teeth then closed the laptop.

"Really what evil deeds have you been up to then?" I smirked slightly, she was challenging me. She knew it was all going to be bullshit that would leave my mouth, but she was curious anyways.

"O I am a heart breaker."

"Really? Mine still seems to be intacted."

"I leave women the next day and move on to another."

"Mmm nothing I haven't done before." She smirked and stood up, pulling me along with her to her room. The small light on, let me see how she had arranged her things right next to the door.

"I guess I'm not too bad of a guy then..." She laughed softly and laid down on the bed, she was tired I could tell as was I from being up so early. She placed her head on my chest and sighed softly.

"Then Daniel... Like I said. I can't hurt you like that..." I ran my hand along her back, my hand on top of hers as she sighed softly. "I missed you too... I'm glad you followed your heart. Though I'm surprised you listened."

"Mmm well what did you for the past years Tara?"

" That is a dark story for another day darling..." I noticed the sheets hadn't been touched, if she slept then it was on top of all of the blankets. It felt right laying here with her, before I knew it she was asleep. Her chest slowly rising and falling as I laid awake and looked at her small hand on my stomach. Her fingertips were rough as if she's played guitar, a few small scars graced her ring finger. Finally a small bump in the middle of her forearm as if there was a small tumor under her skin. Maybe even a bad bug bite. She was almost fragile it seemed when she was sleeping. The guard she always had up was now down and she was at peace. The bad girl persona resting.

" Hey Tara?" She moved slightly as Lucy's voice came through door before leaning in as she cracked the door.

"Mmm yeah Luce?"

"O gosh I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

"You're fine. Dan was just being a really great pillow." She slowly lifted her head looking to Lucy before a laugh escaped her lips. "What did you want?"

"To catch up and go shopping."

"Give me fifteen minutes I'll be ready." With that Lucy left the room and Tara turned to me before pressing a kiss to my lips. She was a tease to me, torturing me almost. Slowly she got up from the bed and went through her bag as I sat up and rubbed my face.

"So much for the nap."

" Yeah it tends to go that way." She pulled a pair of black jeans from her bag and a white shirt which she shamelessly changed in front of me without warning. I noticed a gun tucked into the inside pocket of her bag and narrowed my hues at her.

" What do you have that for?"

"Ah this?" She pulled out the hand gun and tossed it over to me. I had never held one before, it was heavier than expected. "It was my father's... I take it when I travel for safety reasons."

"Ah... That is smart." I walked over and handed it back, she tucked it away and zipped the bag closed. "Tonight we've got a show."

" Yeah I've got tickets to give away. I'll see you tonight ya?" She shot me a smile before I slowly nodded and she walked out the door, leaving me in her room confused more than ever.