Fresh Air

Tara POV

I woke up, a sharp pain in my side making me groan. I was finally going to the doctors to get it check today. Dan was fast sleep, clothes scattered around the room from last night. He was careful, it was good being close to him again. With the tour coming up we wouldn't get much time alone for awhile, so we had to make the most of it.

"Morning love." He mumbled as I turned over and faced him, his eyes still shut yet a smile crossed his lips.

"Morning..." I mumbled before pressing my lips to his before slowly sitting up. For once it was just us in the cozy flat that Kyle and Lucy owned, the sound of rain hitting against the windows was the only noise to make it to my ears. "I have got to go to the doctors, I'll be late if I don't get up."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"Sure." A smile crossed my lips before I got up and slipped a hoodie over my head and into a pair of jeans. Dan got on his jeans, a black t-shirt, and his white converses before putting his grey wolf jumper on. He grabbed the keys before taking my hand and guiding me to the car. Lately I was like glass to everyone, being helped along every step I took every day. Yet Dan gave me moments of independence when he could sense my frustration. We stopped outside of the hospital, my hand trembled in his, never had I had fear like this. A fear of strangers and what they could do to me.

"Hey... I'm right here with you love." He gave me that sympathy look... The one everyone had been giving me the past couple of days. Slowly I got out of the car and hand in hand walked inside with Dan. My stomach was churning. It felt as is everyone's eyes were on me, which in fact they were. I was with Dan Smith in a hospital. Surely this would make the news with many different conspiracy theories.

"Miss Wolf? Hi, I'm Dr. Walters." I blinked a few times, looking at the blonde haired woman whom had glasses hanging on her nose. "We were expecting you, please come in here." I wouldn't let go of Dan's hand as we walked into the room and I sat on the stationed bed. "I was looking over your... charts. You were saying you had pain in your side?"

"Yes..."

"May I?" I only nodded as she helped me lay down and lifted my shirt. I had to close my eyes. She gently prodded my side then the other before pushing along the middle. "Excuse me one moment..." She mumbled, I heard her open the closet, pulling out a machine. "Um... well this might be a bit cold..." Something rolled along my stomach, Dan's hand was squeezing mine. "Miss Wolf...I'm sorry to say, but the pain you're experiencing is a... miscarriage. The embryo implanted itself in a very... low position." It was relief that swept over me. I couldn't carry that monster's child. Slowly my eyes opened as I looked up at the ceiling. "You'll experience moderate bleeding, but you should be feeling normal in a day or two." Relief changed to pain and sadness before long.

"Can we go now?" I mumbled, she was cleaning off my stomach and stopped giving me a curious look as to why I was so frazzled.

"Yes... Please call me if you feel the need to Miss Wolf." I pulled my shirt down and looked to Dan, letting go of his hand. Without a thought I just got up and walked out. Dan only got me stop once I was close to the door and his hands wrapped around my waist.

"Tara!" I blinked a few times, I didn't notice I was crying till I sunk into his embrace. Being in the military I had a set way to feel for everything. It was as if I could program an answer for a problem. Yet here I was, facing a ended nightmare, that maybe could have been a blessing. "Shhh it's okay... you're stronger than anyone on this earth love and we'll get through this alright?" The world was blurry till he grabbed my face into his hands, we were sitting in the lobby side by side. I looked in his eyes and nodded slowly, I believed him.

"Yeah... We'll get through it." All I could do was put my hands over his and focus on his touch before we stood and walked hand in hand towards the door. Right there our world that was two separate lives, brought together by talking in bed, morning coffee, and music came crashing into one world. Cameras and paparazzi swarmed us, question after question was being thrown at us as to why we were at the hospital. Why was the lead singer of Bastille with a woman when thousands of fans wanted a piece of him.

"Dan Dan! Who is she? Is this your girlfriend?!"

"Daniel! Is there a baby on the way?!"

"Dan! Is this a one night stand gone wrong?!"

We got into his car, I covered my face with my hands as he begin to drive away from the crowd. Only once I felt the familiar sensation of the exiting speed bump did I look up and take a deep breathe. I couldn't help but laugh slightly.

"Well I love the optimistic comments."

"I'll have to post something soon... We'll figure it out. We've gotta go to the rehearsal spot, but you and Lucy can go off or sit in the lounge and relax."

"I don't understand how to relax." I laughed slightly. "All I can keep thinking about is being over there and coming home and... being in hell all over again. I would love to relax. To stop seeing the nightmares and the sensations... fuck. Maybe I need to just focus on work or something right?" I looked as him before he shrugged.

"To be honest... I can't answer that love. I think you'll figure out what you need to do when it all comes down to it in the end." He parked the car and looked in my eyes before giving my hand a squeeze. What was I suppose to do then?