CHAPTER 6 -Hunter Exam-

Start from the beginning

"You mean you wanted to become a Treasure Hunter?" Kurapika asked.

"Maybe," I replied.

"How about you Gon?" I asked him as he started to shrug.

"Well, when you put it that way..." Gon trailed just when the elevator cling.

The door finally slid opened and revealed a whole bunch of people from a variety of ages, races and even sizes!

"Strange atmosphere down here..." Leorio commented as he took the step out of the elevator.

"What? You're scared~?" I said, wriggling my eyebrows. He let out a low growl of annoyance which made me giggled. It's fun teasing him and that's a fact.

"They clearly differ from the Hunter applicants we saw at the port and the city. Each is a master in their own right." Kurapika noted.

"Everyone's really tensed." Gon said.

"Couldn't expect less from the Hunter Exam." I took a deep breath and entered the place. The atmosphere was pretty strange down here but somehow, it's not really nerve-wracking like the first time on the ship. Another smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

"But, you know. I don't feel out of place now that I'm with you guys. Being with you guys is like being home." I smiled.

"Geez, why are you talking like that all of the sudden? We barely even met

"Geez, why are you talking like that all of the sudden? We barely even met." Leorio scratched the back of his head with a hint of blush.

"I'm glad you felt that way, Rin," Kurapika said returning the smile.

"Yeah, somehow being with you guys is a lot of fun!" Gon exclaimed which made my smile wider.

Could this be the people I'm looking for? I can never go back to Mount Paozu now that I have no family left, maybe being with them will treat this loneliness I felt.

"Welcome to the Hunter Exam! Please take your number." A small man with a bean-like face handed over a white circle tag to each of us.

Taking the white tag from the bean man, I examined my tag carefully and placed it on my shirt.

'#406'

"Be sure to wear this tag at all times, be careful not to lose it." He said before leaving us.

Suddenly, there's a voice coming from the top which made us jerked our heads up.

"Haven't seen you guys around, yo." It was a fat man smiling at us and he came down to greet us properly.

"You can tell we're new?" Gon asked.

"More or less. After all, this will be my 35th attempt." The newcomer smiled.

"35TH ATTEMPT?!" We yelled shocked.

"How can he smile with that number of attempts?" I said, shocked.