fifty nine - 9:30pm

Start from the beginning

Back to reality, before Jacob could thank Chresanto for every bit of those words that he needed every once in awhile, he tilts his head slightly lower and smirks at his phone screen.

"Are you in love?" the older boy asks.

Chresanto let out a laugh, "Why?"

"I don't know, just answer the question," Jacob shrugs. Actually, he did know why he ask. He just can't explain why.

"Well, kinda," the younger boy admits. "Another person that I think I'm starting to like and it's crazy. But I seem to like Normani more than anything, though."

"And who this other person might be?" Jacob furrows his eyebrows, desperate to hear this. "Must be nice to have another crush, y'know."

"You," Chresanto briefly answers, without hesitation either.

Jacob snaps his head up on his screen, creasing his thick eyebrows once again, giving Chresanto an uncertain look with his eyes.

"Come again?" Jacob asks, hoping he didn't hear anything wrong.

"What?" Chresanto shot him with another question because he felt pretty nervous after he burst the answer he didn't mean to say.

"What?" Jacob slides his head back in confusion.

"What?" Chresanto laughs, nervously.

"What?" Jacob repeats.

"What?" Chresanto kept going.

"Switch!" Jacob impersonates Bilal from House Party. "What are you tryna say, little boy?"

Just like Jacob had an imagination earlier, this part was only Chresanto's imagination too. He'd be damned if he go ahead and tell Jacob that he likes him as something more, kinda. Kinda because all Chresanto wants is to just kiss him. He's still not sure about anything else. He's confused as he can be from now on.

Think of it like this: he wants to like Jacob, but he can't like Jacob. So many reasons why he prefer not to like him, such as they live pretty far away and Chresanto is mostly straight. Heteroflexibles don't destine to get in relationships with the same sex. That's nowhere a minimal.

"Nobody as important," Chresanto mutters, obviously making up a lie.

"But anyways, how can I thank you?" Jacob asks, giving the younger boy a slight concern glare. "If I didn't call you, who knows what I could be doing."

"Wait, you're not saying that I saved your life, are you?" Chresanto incredulously questions.

"If that's not a bad thing," Jacob replies.

"Of course, it's not, it's just that I can't be your hero," Chresanto explains, placing his phone to the side again after checking for notifications. "You have to be your own hero, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah," Jacob nods, trailing his eyes away from the screen. "I wish to change. Fuck, I wish I wasn't the way who I am."

"Like I said before, you can always change on what you don't like about yourself," Chresanto adds on.

Jacob wishes that was easier said than done. It's like no matter how hard he try, changing on what he dislike about himself just get worse. But at the same time, there's times that he doesn't find anything wrong with him. His own pride confuses him.

"Enough about me, tell me about your day," the older boy digresses. He didn't mean to sound so nonchalant when he projected that. "I'm assuming you've been getting some based on the hickies on your neck?"