twenty eight - 12:51am

"Nah, I'm not changing this shirt," Jacob stops tugging on the collar of his black, cannabis-scented OVO sweater. He figured why changing another top when the smell of body odor, weed, and alcohol can be filled in the air at this party━especially at this time. Speaking of time, that's another reason why he refused to change. Him and Rayan don't want to arrive to the party too late that it might be over.

He doubts it'll be over earlier than expected, but still. Matter of fact, any party that Jacob attended to, never had a specific end time. Him and his small crew are never early for a party, and not too late either. They arrives at a certain time when a party becomes lit, basically.

Jacob paused his low-volume music, closed out of Spotify, and carelessly tossed his iPod on the middle of the bed. Since him and his mother got into another countless argument, he slightly got mad at himself for lowering down the music. Or did he lowered down the music when he was outside with Rayan when he pulled up...

Either way, Jacob doesn't remember and not forgetting that his adoptive mother made him mad. He certainly wanted to avoid going to this party at this time of night, but he just can't take the vibe in this house. Jacob doesn't always leave the house when there's some conflict going on, though. Whether he volunteer to have the last words or not of an argument, he go to his room and blast his speakers as loud as it can get. If it's night, sometimes he respects his little sister's bedtime so he doesn't doubt his headphones and scrolling through the feeds of Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and even Snapchat.

And sometimes, Netflix and chill with Alessia. Half of time, they're literally Netflix and chilling. The both of them don't care about sex a lot.

Unless it's about a relationship or throwing shade, he doesn't broadcast anything deep that interferes with his feelings. Such as, he leaves a few things out of his personal life. The things that he told Chresanto via FaceTime earlier, is an example.

For once, he thinks no one would care. And two, he finds it not the right thing if he mentions it on any social networking. No one needs to know. He rather confess the problematic thing that happen in his life with someone that's close with him. It's better to say, someone that he knows quite personally. Now, he don't know if he should consider Chresanto as a close someone. How they met was pretty eccentric and he kinda doubts Chres feel the same about him.

Chresanto never really talked about himself, yet. Jacob hopes he's not willing to hide anything, since Jacob didn't hide any facts about him. Well, the prominent facts. Yeah, they should have another FaceTime call, asap.

With an emotionless facial expression and a mere cough, Jacob places back on his New York Yankees cap on top on his trimmed curls, slips on his favorite camouflage jacket. It's his favorite because it has his "old" last name ensembled on it, and it matches anything he wears. He wanted to wear his favorite Banana Republic peacoat but he remembers that he's wearing a pair of black 3-striped Adidas sweatpants that he have no motivation to change.

About his last name, he wishes that he had 'Perez' on his driver license and other important documentations━excluding his birth certificate, if it weren't for the law or security reasons. But he got his old last name on his social networks. It's not that he's ashamed of the surname that's from his new family, he just figured that Perez has a better sound, and that he refuse his conceal his past. There's no reason or purpose why he should hide it.

Before he gets married or start his career on being a professional choreographer, or even before he earned his PhD, since biology is his minor, he swears the last name will be legally changed to his old one. Jacob disallows his current last name on his death certificate.

Just when he grabbed his car keys, Rayan walks back in, coming from his bathroom break.

"You might get wasted as fuck so lemme drive my car," Rayan insists, patted his right coat pocket in search of his keys. "And you sure you wanna go, because you got this cold and who knows what might happen to y━"