forty three - 4:07pm

alright sorry for these early author's notes but, I have to warn you with this one. this chapter will have you in about two or three moods.

and yeah, this can be triggering by the some disrespectful things that's mentioned in this chapter. read at your own risk.

I have to remember to put up the national suicide hotline number somewhere.

-

'FaceTime Unavailable'

"Okay, well, fuck you too," Jacob chuckles to himself and exits the FaceTime app, and resuming to his essay that's mandatory to be submitted in the following week.

A couple of days ago when he started on it, he suffering from procrastination that he could not get passed the two sentences of his introductory paragraph. He thought this essay would be something he'll never survive, but having the courage to work on it all night after chatting with Chresanto, he's feeling definitely fine with it. And right now, Jacob was trying to ask questions about liberals and conservatives in America to Chres, but seems like that was canceled by Chres not accepting his call. If Chresanto have some knowledge about those wings of American government, at this part of the essay, Jacob felt like he needs some type of personal perspective instead of keep researching it on the web.

Plus, to prevent him from driving too crazy about the essay, Jacob's in the mood to talk with someone. Of course he's texting people that he don't know should he call friends, but he's doesn't feel like typing anything on his phone if he's dealing with an essay right now. So he's leaving them on read or even on delivered for a while. He would like to converse with Rayan, but he's at work, earning money by putting his creativity to the test.

Having his best friend in mind, Jacob stop typing. He practically hasn't seen Rayan all day, due to him being stuck in his room because he only had one class to attend to for the day. The rest was gratefully postponed. He puts his work on minimize, definitely feeling relieve for getting so much done that he deserves a break.

After closing his laptop and rapping along to a song that's booming on his speakers, he slips his laptop inside his backpack and grabs his phone to pause this playlist that Apple Music put together; which it was a bunch of flashback Drake music and songs he was featured on. And right then, he was rapping to Forever. Y'know, the song that has those four heavyweight rappers. Mad old.

"Dropped the mixtape, that shit sounded like an━" Jacob stops his monotone rapping as soon he saw a notification popped up on his lock screen. Before he could get a good reaction, he slightly extends his eyes with his eyebrows raising in astonishment. He never knew this girl could try to talk with him, again. Unless she needs some type of favor.

The home button scanned his thumbprint and Jacob pulls down the notification center and read the message that way. Though it's been two or three days since they called it quits, Jacob let out a breathy laugh and locked his device again.

Unlike the past days, he's been feeling good today and he don't want that to get messy.

"Sorry, I can't be your Quentin Miller to your speech this time," Rayan shrugs, with a pursed in smile while kinda playing with a new needle equipment, then removing the baby blue latex gloves. "I haven't went passed the second page of this essay we have, nigga."

"C'mon," Jacob groans, tilting his head back in exhaustion after slightly swirling around Rayan's desk chair. "At least try to refresh my memory over this school year because it has been pretty shit to me. You know more than I know."