Epilogue

++++

We are finally here! Thank you for all the support; I appreciate it all. I hope you enjoy the final chapter. (There will be a much longer author's note at the end) xx

PS. I have written a couple of one-shots over the months that I may post, so if you see an update just know it isn't a continuation of this story but rather something extra. Thank you again!
++++

A month after Rey takes me to the waterfall Jaeden is released from rehab, his body healed and he's almost as strong as he once was, so he tells me. Rey has continued to train, almost every day, but we always find time to be together; even if it is only thirty minutes in our secluded hanger, courtesy of General Organa. However, its purpose is not for secret rendezvous, rather for our idea that we pitched to her two weeks ago...

I key in the code and the hangar open. I smile at Rey who is waiting patiently, sitting on the desk her legs swinging.
"I missed you,"

"I saw you at breakfast," I grin.

"That was hours ago," she pouts and I roll my eyes and snort at how utterly adorable with a black stain all around her eye.

"I take it you didn't realise that you were covered in grease?"

"What do you mean?" I walk closer to her, grabbing her thighs and pulling her legs around me.

"Close your eyes," I whisper, smiling and she does as I ask. Leaning slightly into me, obviously thinking I was going to kiss her but I start to softly rub at the skin around her eye. She huffs almost silently. While I slowly smudge away the grease I lean closer and softly kiss her, she tightens her legs, bringing me closer. My fingers stops cleaning her face and slip down to cup her check.

"How's your day been?" I mumble as I take my lips from hers, my hands falling to her waist.

"Good, I've just been in here," I run my hands down her thighs and she gets the signal and releases me.

"How's it going?" I step closer to the unfinished project.

"Really well," she grins. Of course, that's because you're the one making it, I remind myself.

"I can't wait to take it for a test run!"

"You will do no such thing. I haven't finished explaining how it will work yet." I groan and crinkle my nose.

"You're no fun," I turn back to face her.

"Since when have you been one to want to risk your life for some fun?"

"Since, well, I don't know, right now I guess," I reply and watch as her eyes sparkle as the setting sun begins to shine into the hangar.

"Hungry?" I offer out my hand and she jumps down from the desk.

"You bet," we lace our fingers together and head out, locking the hangar behind us.

**

A few months pass.
I still make sure I find time to see Starla, spending at least one of her lunch breaks a week with her in the staff room. She still fills me in on all the gossip. Who breaks up with whom; who slipped into the store room with a patient on their midnight shift. I smile, laugh and shake my head at how excited Starla becomes when retelling the little stories; for someone who always stays out of the trouble she sure loves to get absorbed into the details.

One afternoon I see Zarah sitting in the far corner minding her own business, quietly gnawing her fruit salad and I can't help but stare at her. There is something about her, something so intriguing, It's like I can see the raining cloud that seems to follow her wherever she goes; I can almost feel the deep unhappiness that surrounds her.
I am overcome with a deep urge to speak with her. I excuse myself from Starla and she catches my eye as I stand up. She seems somewhat nervous as I approach her.