Chapter 46

The mattress shifts, I picture the way Rey has dropped her top onto the floor, and can't help but imagine what she looks like without a shirt on, I have to dig my fingers into my legs and close my eyes to stop myself from glancing back at her. The mattress shakes again.
"Finn..." She mumbles in a slightly whiny tone.

"Yeah?" I question, blinking my eyes open and looking at the ceiling.

"You can turn back around," I tentatively twist back around until I see her, lying flat on her back, head tilted slightly and looking up at me. I smile down upon her, and let out an extremely heavy breath as I focus on her eyes.

"Better?" I ask, she nods and shrugs simultaneously.

"I'm a little cold," she mumbles her eyes dark, I move in an attempt to get sheet and the doona from the end of the bed, to cover us. However, she immediately leans forward and her hand grasps onto my inner thigh, I nearly have to close my eyes at the intense way electricity pulses up my leg. I quickly look at her and she shakes her head, her hand rubbing small circles into my bare skin.

"I want you to warm me up," she whispers. I am about to position myself so that she can straddle my waist when her hand pushes against my hip, stopping me from pressing my back to the mattress, "No, like this..." She uses both hands to grip my waist, tugging me closer to her; I do not resist and let her show me what she means. She lies back onto the mattress pulling me on top of her, my hands fall to either side of her and I quickly use my strength to hold myself above her, one of my legs between hers, I push myself up on my knees so I hover over her.

"Rey..." I do not like this. I do everything I can to look away from her bruises.

"Finn." She demands, I look at her. She grasps onto the top of my neck, lacing her fingers into the short hair there and she brings my face down towards her. She leans up, her lips right by my ear, "Stop letting what he did get between us – let me help you..." she whispers, leaning back into the pillow, in this moment I would let her do anything to me because the way she looks at me causes me heart to race. I don't know exactly how, but she has pulled me from the darkness and I could bathe in her light for eternity. I move slightly and Rey grips onto my curls a little tighter thinking I am moving away. I snort out a small laugh before rearranging myself above her so that my weight is comfortable for both of us, both legs between hers but still barely touching her. Once I know I am not restricting her or putting any weight on her I smile widely. Rey tries to push herself higher off the mattress but I reach her first and press my lips to hers just slowly to begin with. It doesn't take long for her lips to leave mine and she begins to pepper my face in kisses. Her small hands direct my face where she wants her lips to go, she focus a lot of kisses on the side of my head where the large bump is. "I am sorry," She mumbles.

"I know, you just did wha-"she cuts me off.

"Not just for this," She begins, quickly kisses it again before slowly kissing down my face. "I should have come to you, and forced you to listen to what I knew; then you never would have left..." She mumbles as she presses light kisses against my skin, almost reaching my lips.

"I'm sorry I ran away, again," before she can kiss me anywhere else I twist and capture her lips passionately with mine. Our eyes are shut tight as we breathe together, her lips soft and our pace fast and her fingers bury themselves into her hair, and my fingers dig into the sheets as I struggle to keep my hands off her. After some time my lips leave hers and her gasps for air are encouragement.

"Apology, accepted," she murmurs as I kiss along her jaw.
Without noticing I begin to gently kiss down her neck. When Rey's breathing hitches I realise where I am, and what I am doing. I reluctantly pull away, her fingers spread deeper into my hair and I smile, kissing her again. I do not know when her pale skin turns to bruises and when her bruises turn to the love bites I already gave her, but I keep my eyes closed so I never find out.

My arms that support all my upper weight above Rey feel so weak that they start to shake, and when Rey's hands trail from my hair and down my arms she notices.
"I am not fragile," she whispers and I pull away slightly, I shift my weight to try and help some of the strain on my arms, she leans up to my ear, "If you touch me I won't break," She coos seductively. She rests her head back down on the pillow, I feel myself relax, unintentionally adding more pressure. "I know you're holding back," I sigh heavily and bury my face into her hair; drinking her in, she soothes me by running her fingers through my hair.
"Do you want to stop? I just thought this might help," she refers to the way we are positioned and I stay silent for a while. I listen to her breathe and the way she feels under me; it is so different to how it felt when I had her pinned beneath me. Her foot runs up and down my ankle before she wraps her leg over my own and leans the side of her head against mine, her fingers still playing with my hair.

"We can take it slow if you like..." she offers. I do not respond to her, instead I softly kiss her shoulder and she sighs, leaning up slightly into the kiss.
Her fingers stop soothing me and start to tug at my hair as her breathing deepens. I remember the way she liked when I kissed her collarbone so I slowly make my way across there.
I kiss the sensitive skin before opening my mouth enough to tease her with my tongue. Her breath catches and she raises her hips from the bed to close the space between us. I moan into her at the contact and add some more pressure.
"Finn," she practically begs, lying back on the mattress, the knots start to tie themselves inside me.

As much as I am consumed by her I can't stop my mind from wandering, and it lingers on a particular question.