Chapter 65

I look at the holocharts and order them correctly, I then find the one that is for the first room and read the man's injuries. He has lower back trauma.

I walk into the room and it is a few minutes before 9, I hear the impatient tapping on the metal side of the cot and I introduce myself to the young man.

"Can we hurry up, I need to get out of here," I suppress a laugh at his irritation.

"You will, but we have to do this right otherwise you'll be suck in here longer, okay?"

He huffs, "Alright."

I help him out of bed and set up the equipment he needs, I teach him how to do some squats to loosen the muscles.
I spend the hour when him, showing and helping what to do. I tell him to rest for a while and begin the stretches again in the afternoon.

I arrive in the next room the woman has shoulder and neck pain so I teach her how so roll her shoulders to loosen the muscles before I give her and myself some light weights and show her how to rhythmically raise and lower her arms.

My burnt leg hadn't proved an issue – yet – the easy work outs had not provoked it. It isn't until I go to the third room that I start to feel it ache, but I push that away.

The next woman has from the middle her back down causing her severe agony; she struggles to stand for long. So we sit on the floor together, I put some weights on our feet and show her how to do some basic sit ups. By the end of the hour she says she can notice a difference. I feel myself gush with pride but I try to keep it internal and not let her see how happy her words made me.

I walk out of her room, and it is my hour break, I lean on the wall. I am puffed, three straight hours of a basic work out is really getting to me. I pushed through the pain in my leg but now it is making itself known. I'm sweaty and hungry, but all I want is to curl up with Rey and have her kiss me. I wander the short walk back to her room and notice she is walking up and down the room, pulling her drip along with her.

"Rey," I say quickly "What are you doing?" I limp up to her. "You shouldn't be out of bed when you're alone,"

"I'm not alone," she states, before I can remind her that she is, she gestures to the comatose pilot who needs monitors to keep his heart beating, "I have Poe. He's great company, very encouraging,"
I shake my head and sigh in adoring frustration; I cup her cheeks and kiss her swiftly.

"Be careful, you just had major surgery,"

"I know," she kisses my lips again, "I know what I can handle," she lightly kisses my cheeks. "You've got all your new patients to look after now, you don't need to add me to the list. I can look after myself," her tone isn't aggressive; she has what's best for me in mind.

"I know you can, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to take care of you," she smiles. "How were you consultations?"

"Starla came in and said the wound is healing and then she scanned it and said all the ribs are aligned and should fuse back together naturally,"

I breathe out a sigh of relief, "Good," I lightly pull her into a hug and she nuzzles her face into my neck.

"What did I do to deserve you?" She mutters to herself.

"I wonder the same thing about you," I confess and she kisses up my neck lightly.

"Okay I think I need to sit down," she mutters and I walk her back over to her bed and she sighs as she adjusts it so it tilts up like a seat. She injects a needle back into her skin with ease, it makes me cringe. She pushes the tubes back into her nose and clips her finger onto the monitor then she waves her hand and two machines start to beep again and the tube attached to the needle starts to drip liquid into her system again which causes a sated smile to overcoming her features as she's filled with relief.