I'm Back~ & 50th Chapter Special~

A/N:  So guess who's back from Japan~  Me!  I had a lot of fun and got to see so much!

Went to Mt Fuji, got a tour of Tokyo, sailed in Tokyo Bay, watched a geisha performance, visited Edo castle and its eastern gardens, crossed Rainbow Bridge, went to Kyoto by the famous bullet train (took 3 hours from Tokyo to Kyoto and vise versa), visited so many Buddhist and Shinto shrines (never want to smell incense again) (also was very surprised I was able to get past the supposed gates that prevent evil from entering), I got to sail on Lake Ashi, and then got a gondola ride up a nearby mountain that was very, very foggy. And the day before I left, I went to a district in Tokyo known for anime and manga! (Literally thought I died and went to heaven... and then realized that there was nothing for hetalia there [gasp!])

I got so many neat things from there!  Such as a ninja throwing star made from metal, a cute Kirito figure from SAO, and two of my favorite characters from Touken Ranbu; Kogitsunemaru & Mikazuki Munechika (ship it).  I also got some stuff for other people too, but I liked my stuff best.

But then again, as with every trip, there is somethings that I could really do without;

1)  The humidity; it was killer and I was literally sweating bullets.

2)  The goddamned incense!  Oh my god there was too much of it and it was horrible after about 5 minutes of it and by the end of the trip, 5 shirts all smelled like it.  I don't want to smell incense again for a long while.

3)  Bug bites; after the 1st day where I ended up with 4 itchy bites, everyday there was one more added.  It was so hard not to scratch.  In the end, I had to put bandages over the bites to keep me from scratching, like when you put that cone on a dog's head.  And even that failed at times T-T

4)  The flight; 14 f***ing hours of hell with no sleep.  So I had a connecting flight from my home in the US, to Toronto, Canada, then to Tokyo, Japan.  Now from home to Toronto is like ~2 hours (give or take like 10 min), but Toronto to Tokyo is 14 f***ing hours.  Now the plane itself was awesome but I just couldn't sleep on it and by the end of the flight I was so sick and feeling a bit claustrophobic from sitting there for so long.  And even with sleep meds I could not sleep.  And it was the same torturous story on the way back, from Tokyo to Toronto to home, where I promptly passed out.  So f*** you flight and laws of time and space and whatever else is involved.

5)  Jet lag; for me it was about 13 hour time difference, so when it was say Monday at 2:40 pm in Tokyo, it was for me 1:40 am on a Sunday.  So to say I was not always a happy camper in Japan would be telling the truth.  It was only by the end of the trip that my jet lag started to die down and become bearable, but then I get home and have to deal with jet lag again.  So once again, f*** you flight and laws of time and space and whatever else is involved.

6)  The crows; oh my god they were huge, ominous looking and sounded terrifying.  Now I get why people consider them a bad omen.  These things were terrifying!  They were literally the size of a small/medium sized dog.

7)   The fact that when you travel to very distant places, the germs over there can make you sick.  Which is why this took so long to write because after I came back I was miserably sick all week with nausea and couldn't even move without feeling like I was going to be sick.

But other than that stuff, the trip was great!

I'd also like everyone to take a moment of silence for the recent attacks and tragedies that have occurred in Europe.  I think I speak for all of us when we say that what happened shouldn't have and that we all wish the best for both the countries and and the people, for those who were or were not hurt, our hearts go out to all of you and know that you all have people standing by you to support you in this time of need.

And now I think it is time we onto something happier and that we all have been looking forward to.  So thank you all once again for your patience while I was away on a trip and for letting me get over at least part of my jet lag.