Chapter 119

The days have passed and I thought that everything was back to normal. As normal things could be after everything that had happened.
But I was mistaken. It was Wednesday night when I went to Ellen's house to ask her what should I wear to our last night in university. We have finished and that was awesome.
- Ellen is upstairs.
Her mother told me and I headed to her bedroom. Before knocking I heard that she was talking with someone. Worse. She was fighting with someone. I think she was talking at her phone. I knocked at her door.
- Can I come in ?
I asked smiling while opening the door.
- Of course Jane.
She said and she came to hug me while tears were running down her face.
- What's wrong ?
I asked her but she didn't respond.
- Ellen, it's our last chance to celebrate tonight. We just finished university.
I said as cheerful as I could.
- Okay.
She said whipping her tears.
- Will you tell me what's wrong ?
I asked her but I think I knew. Ellen was always cheerful and the only thing she had ever cried about was Isco. Maybe they had fought.
- Everythings fine Jane. Don't worry about me.
- Okay.
I said hugging her. I didn't want to upset her any longer so we just prepared while I was trying to talk about other things like the jobs we would have from now on. But Ellen didn't respond. She wasn't even paying attention. Something was bad. Really bad.

- Cheers!
We all said. It was our last night as students. From tomorrow we should start searching for jobs. And interviews....and....
I should think of all these. I had a lot to do.
Ellen wasn't happy. She wasn't participating at all. Her grey eyes were looking at us but just looking. It seemed like they didn't even recognized us.
- Gareth told me to meet him in a while.
I said to Ellen and she just nodded.
- Will you come with me ? Maybe Isco is with them.
I said and I understood I said the wrong thing.
- Yes.
Ellen said and I didn't understand what was she referring at.
- You mean yes you're coming ?
I asked her.
- Yes, I am.

- Congratulations.
Gareth said kissing me.
- Thank you, mr. Bale.
I said kissing him back.
- Well done girls.
Cristiano said hugging both of us.
- Thank you Cris.
I said and he winked at me.
Ellen just smiled. She didn't have the energy to do much more.
I searched with my eyes. Isco wasn't there. What the fuck had happened ?
I decided to ask Gareth. He may knew.

- Can we take Ellen home first ?
I asked Gareth and he nodded.
Ellen said good night as Gareth left her outside her house and he continued his way to his house.
We decided that I spend the night with him.
- What's wrong with Ellen ?
I asked and he raised an eyebrow.
- If you don't know then how am I supposed to ?
Gareth asked.
- I mean....well I haven't asked her...actually I have but she doesn't respond. I'm pretty sure that something with Isco happened.
I said and I looked at him. His expression didn't betray anything.
- I don't know.
He finally said but I didn't believe him.
- But I'm sure it's something with Isco. And where was he today ?
I asked.
We reached his house. Gareth came to my side to open the door for me like a real gentleman.
- Thank you.
I said smiling at him.
He smiled back at me took my hand and led me to his house.
- Anything to drink ?
He asked me while I left my purse on the couch.
- Don't you think I have drunk enough ?
I said kissing him.
- No. Tonight you're sober.
He said kissing me back.
No need to explain what happened next.

I woke up in the middle of the night trying to find Gareth but he wasn't in the bed with me.
I took the sheet all over my body and I went to the living room where I heard him talking on the phone. I kind of eardroped although that was never really my intension.
- I think it's more serious than you think. Yes, Jane noticed it. She's asking what's going on between you two. You should have told her Isco.
You have decided it a long time ago and she's your girlfriend. You can't just ask her to join you in England in a week.
Gareth said and unfortunately he noticed me.
- I'll call you back later.
He said at Isco and hanged up.
- Why aren't you sleeping ?
He asked while kissing my forehead.
- Why is Isco going to England ?
I asked immediately.
Gareth looked down then he said:
- Manchester United is interested for him and he accepted the transfer but he had decided that a long time ago.
Gareth explained looking at me.
- So ?
- He just told Ellen....and he asked her to leave everything and join him in England.
I nodded. I knew Ellen really good to know that she would be mad at him for not informing her earlier about the transfer. And Ellen....I don't think she was ready to leave a whole life here for Isco.
- When is Isco leaving ?
It was the only thing I could ask.
- In a week.
Gareth explained.
It was going to be really bad.
- I'm sorry for that.
I said and I was referring to Ellen. I was sorry for her. I knew that she was in love with Isco. I knew that what he was asking her to do was impossible. It was too late to tell her such thing now.
- Back to bed.
Gareth said kissing my forehead and I followed him to his bedroom. I should talk to Ellen tomorrow.

- Ellen ?
I asked going inside her bedroom. But she wasn't there. I sat to her bed. It was unfair. What happened. But Ellen was crazy for him. Maybe she would follow him to England. I bet she was ready for this.
I waited and she came after a while with a towel in her body and one in her hair. Her eyes were red. She had cried.... a lot.
- Oh Jane, hi.
She said when she saw me.
- Ellen, I learned about Isco and I'm really sorry.
- No need to. I'm fine.
She said and I think she was trying to control her tears.
- If you need someone to talk I'll be here for you Ellen.
- But I'm fine.
She insisted.
- Okay.
I said and I turned to leave. It was obvious that she didn't want me here.
- Jane....
She said and she hugged me bursting in tears.