Chapter 44

I woke up the next morning having no idea where I was. I looked around the room not able to recognize the place. I was alone in a room I didn't know. And then it occured to me. I remembered what happened the previous night and that I slept in the same bed as Gareth. But he wasn't here and neither was Keylor. Oh they must have their final practise. Today it is the big day. I tried to find my phone but it was nowhere to be found. It must be early in the morning because the light of the sun wasn't that bright. Were was my phone ? It was impossible that I didn't have it with me since I remember clearly that I called Gareth last night.I searched again but I couldn't find it. I thought of calling it with the phone that was in the room. Well they will pay for this but I really need to find it. I tried to call it. It was calling but I couldn't hear it which was impossible since it was loud. So it couldn't be in the room. I should do something. I went into the bathroom looking myself in the mirror. It was obvious that I just woke up. I laughed and washed my face. I didn't have a brush with me so I tried to brush my hair with my fingers. It was about time to leave this place. I headed towards the door. I hoped Gareth or Keylor had the key with them otherwise they would end up sleeping in another room. I opened the door and as I was about to close it I bumped into Sergio.
- Oh I'm sorry.
I said not looking at him in the eyes. He seemed confused.
- Jane what are you doing here ?
He asked looking at the door that I had just closed.
- 304 ?
He said reading the number's room. Then he looked at a paper that he had in his hands and said less confused now.
- It's Gareth's room. Yeah I understand.
He said looking away.
- No Sergio I slept with Gareth last night but we slept I mean you know... uhm...
- Why trying to explain Jane ? It's none of my business.
He said smiling. But the smile was fake. His eyes were sad.
- Don't you have practise ?
I asked him trying to distract him.
- Yes we are about to leave I just came to leave this in my room.
He said pointing out the paper that he had.
- Fine I should leave.
I said.
- No wait.
- What ?
I asked him afraid of his answer. Please Sergio it wasn't the right time to tell me whatever you wanted to.
- No Sergio don't say it. I love Gareth there's nothing going on between us you know that and I.....
- I just wanted to tell you that you have better to wait till we leave because Zidane will be mad at Gareth or the rest of us for letting you in.
- Oh....
It was the only thing I could say feeling like an idiot.
- Yes sure.
I responded having blushed. Sergio went inside his room and after a minute he came back.
- See you.
He said smiling at me.
- See you.
I responded but he had already left. Why was I always acting like a complete idiot ?
What was wrong with me ? I felt terribly terrible. Sergio will now think that I still think of what we had. Which was false. I mean I didn't care anymore besides we have both moved on. I headed to the window to see their bus leaving. Now it was time for me to leave as well. Sara will be worried. I didn't even have my phone and the worst part of all was that I don't know if I'll find it. I headed to the front door checking if was anyone from Real Madrid club there. None. Fortunately.
- Good morning.
I turned around.
Oh shit... it was Ana the receptionist from last night.
- I can book a room for you if you want to.
She said looking down at her laptop.
- So you know you have your space and you don't disturb our other clients.
I was now embarrased but when I looked at her she was trying to hide a smile. Oh she was kidding. Thanks God.
- I'm sorry about last night.
I apologized being really sorry.
- It's okay uhm mr Bale asked me to give you this.
Oh my phone! Finally.
- Thank you.
I said taking my phone back.
- You're welcome. I'm Ana by the way.
- Jane.
I said smiling.
- I think your father is worrying about you. He called a lot of times.
Oh shit! My father. Now I was in trouble.
- Thanks again Ana. See you.
- Bye Jane.
She said smiling. I headed out the hotel and called my father.
- Jane..
He said instead of hello and I could hear he was really mad.
- Dad....
I responded and I knew it. I knew that I was in big trouble.