Chapter 17

- He did what ?
Ellen asked being curious.
- He was wearing the blouse you bought him.
I replied without looking at her.
- Yeah I know. He's so cute. Is that what you wanted to tell me ?
- What ?
- Are you alright Jane ?
- Yes I'm fine.
- Well what else about Akon ?
She asked trying to understand what I wanted to say by the look on my face.
- Nothing just this.
- Oookay. So what's the plans about today ?
- I need to relax a little bit. Thanks for comming.
- Jane Smith are you kicking me out ?
- Unless you wanna take a nap with me.
I said sarcastically.
- No thanks I have important stuff to do.
She said. She smiled at me kissed me and left. I was alone again. I needed to put my thoughts in order. Number one problem : Gareth Bale. What should I do with him ?
Maybe Ellen is right. I should ask him on a date. But what if he says no ? It's a possibility. He might say yes as well but what if he only does this because he takes pitty in me ? This is also a possibility. I decided to text him. He will appreciate it... I think.
《Are you free toniht ?》
The answer came immediately.
《Not really. We have practise today.》
Yeah he turned me down. It doesn't surprise me at all. Why a guy like Gareth would ever want to date a girl like me ?
My phone vibrated again.
《It's an open practice btw. You can come if you want to.》
He just invited me to his practise !!
I thought to myself.
Well yeah he invited me because fortunately for him he won't be able to talk to me during practise so nobody will ever make fun of him. Well I was a little harsh on myself. Nobody will make fun of him because he talks to me.
《I'll come what time am I supposed to be there ?》
《Seven.》
《Well you're lucky because I'm free. See you then.》
《See you.》
Well now I had problems like what am I suppose to wear ?
What do people wear when they watch open practises ? I couldn't ask Ellen although she would be at practise tonight. She practises with the cheerleaders the same time in the other field. Fortunately for me. I will visit her if I'll be too bored with the football practise. I don't know a lot of things about football. My dad loves football and he is a huge fan of Real Madrid. I don't have other siblings and I never really watched football with my dad when he insisted that we should have more father and daughter time.
My phone vibrated again. I thought that Ellen changed her mind and wanted as go shopping or maybe that Gareth thought of his suggestion again and understood that it was not a good idea to watch the practise tonight. I checked my phone. When I saw who was texting I really wished it was Gareth cancelling our plans. Because the one to text me was Akon.
《We need to talk.》
《I don't think so.》
I responded although my hands were shaking.
《I'll see you at the cafe across the university.》
He insisted.
《I won't come.》
I respond. I wasn't able to face him.
《You'd better come. I'll see you at six.》
I didn't respond I wasn't sure about going. I didn't want to go actually because Akon was a problem of mine right now. A huge problem. My number two problem.