Chapter 49

- Are you alright Jane ?
- Yes. Why ?
I asked Sara as the waiter came back with our food.
- It doesn't seem like it.
- No everythings fine.
We were eating our lunch while Sara and Nicki were discussing about what they were going to wear in tonights match. I couldn't stop thinking about Ellen. I had told her that we would arrive in the morning to Italy. It was almost evening. She will be worried she always is... if only she hasn't call my father....

We paid for our food and the waiter greeted us with a warm smile on his face. He was kinda cute. I thought to myself. We arrived at our hotel being exhausted. Nicki went to her bedroom to take a nap whereas Sara and I started chatting about what we were going to wear in tonight's match.
- What do you think these jeans ....or
.... these ?
Sara asked me pointing out two jeans that were exactly the same.
- I don't know Sara is there a difference ?
She looked at the jeans then at me and said.
- Well not really ....
- So wear whatever you want.
Sara would wear jeans and a Real Madrid t-shirt with number 10 with Jame's name. I would wear jeans and a Real Madrid t-shirt with Gareth's name.
Bale 11.
It was really cool. Fortunately a lot of girls do it so nobody will ever understand that I'm Gareth's girlfriend. Nicki would wear the same as us with the exception that her t-shirt was Toni's. She was fangirling all the time when she bought it. We were more cheerfull on the outside....
Nicki posted a lot of pictures in all social media with this t-shirt.

I tried to call Ellen a couple of times but she never responded. I hope she has practise and she is not able to answer otherwise she must really be mad at me. I called Gareth to wish him luck as they were about to go to the stage for their warm up. I was anxious for them. Gareth was as well I could understand that by his tone of voice. I wanted them so desperately to win they really deserve that.

An hour before we would head to the stage and as we were getting ready for the most important Champions League match this saison I heard my phone ringing.. I hoped it was Ellen but unfortunately my father was calling.
- Yes dad.
I said as I was putting some mascara.
- I'll wait for you at the match. We have a lot to discuss.
- I'm sorry dad but I'm going to watch the game not to chat with you.
I said as my nerves were starting to get the best of me. I was praying that I wouldn't meet him but I knew how unlucky was I.
- Jane...
My father said and for the first time in my life I could hear him being worried.
- Dad....It's not that I don't want to chat with you but I'll be with Sara and Nicki okay.... ? Just trust me we will talk later.
- Later?....
Fuck I forgot that he's leaving tomorrow.
- As soon as possible.
I said not able to say something else.
- Fine Jane.
I could hear by his tone of voice that he was sad.
- I should.....
- Yeah I know. Have fun to the game tonight. Don't search for me.
- Dad... I'm sorry if I hurt you but I can't come with you back to Spain.
- I understand Jane. I really understand. So see you....
He said and it was obvious that he was feeling guilty about the fact that he had gave my ticket to a total stranger. Well, he kind of deserved that....
No he didn't. How could I always be such a bitch ? I should calm my nerves.
- See you dad.
I said as I ended the call. Now I felt guilty.... But I shouldn't worry about this as well. I can't control the fact that I worry all the time about things.

- Ready ?
Sara said as we were about to begin our way to the stadium.
- Of course.
I said as I looked again myself in the mirror. I was excited. Really really excited.
- Hey girls.
Nicki said coming towards us from her room.
- I'm ready.
She had a panel in her hand sayin...omg it was sweet yet funny.
《Toni give me your shirt.》
I laughed and so did Sara.
- What ?
Nicki said sounding annoyed.
- Nothing I just like your idea.
I said pointing out the panel.
Sara laughed louder.
- You don't have a chance. You can't imagine how many girls would have come up with the same idea.
She said sarcastically.
- I know.
Nicki said sadly.
- But you never know.
She continued.
- Let's give it a try.
Well she was right... If you never try, you'll never know.