Chapter 117

Ellen wasn't talking. Neither looking at me. She was shocked.
- And that's what happened.
I concluded while having told her the whole story.
She was avoiding my look but she suddenly looked at me.
- I need to go.
She said and I couldn't understand her behaviour right now.
- Why ?
I asked my eyes still wet from the tears.
- I need to think what you told me.
She said taking her bag.
- Don't leave me alone. Please.
I begged her as I was ready to cry again.
She looked at me.
- I will never leave you alone Jane.
She said hugging me.
- Don't leave then.
I said.
- I need some time to think.
She said and kissed my forehead while exciting.
She just said that she would never leave me alone.....but here was I. Alone again.

I couldn't handle it. My hands were shaking, my knees the same. Gareth gave me his house key before leaving and here was I now. In his house waiting for him to come.
I walked the whole living room trying to clear my mind. I owed him some explanations. But I couldn't think of anything to tell him.
After a while the door opened and he came inside with his luggage. His eyes were....sad and tired. What the fuck had happened ?
- Gareth.
I said and I hugged him. I started crying again. He will never forgive me when he finds out what have I done.
He hugged me too and to my surprise he didn't say anything. He started kissing my lips and after everything that has happened I let him do it. He undressed me from my clothes and led me to his bedroom.

Second time I had sex in my life the last two days. But I can't even remember the first.
Gareth was in the living room when I woke up in the middle of the night. He hadn't tell anything when he realized I was no longer a virgin.
But I know he wanted to ask. And I also knew that there was something else that bothered him. Maybe the fact that he had cheated on me with Adele. Maybe we could talk to each other and forget everything that happened in this awful trip. I sat next to him in the couch and he was surprised seeing me there.
- I think we need to talk.
I said as calmly as I could.
- About what ?
He said laughing. He was hurt.
- I don't know. What happened....in England....what happened here.
- Start first cause I could really want to know how is it possible that you were a virgin when I left but not when I arrived.
He shouted and his words caught me by surprise.
- Gareth....I....
- Who was it ? A random guy that you met in a club ? That's what you think you deserve random guys in clubs ?
He shouted and I started crying. I wish I could die. It was worse than I expected.
- You are not better.
I accused him.
- What do you mean ?
He said looking at me.
- You don't understand ? Perhaps we should ask Bessy cause she told me what she should have when I called you but she responded instead of you.
I felt weird when I said Bessy's name. Gareth looked at me carefully and I think he noticed it.
- Wait a minute. It was not a random guy in a club. It was Sergio.
He said and I looked down. How the fuck was it that obvious ?
- You're avoiding my questions.
I said as steadily as I could cause I was ready to burst in tears again.
- No, Jane. You're answering first. It was Sergio. Wasn't he ?
He asked and I nodded without looking at him.
He broke a glass that was in the table by letting it fall.
- You cheated on me too. I know that this is not a justification but....
- Jane, I don't know what are you talking about. I hadn't cheated on you.
- You're lying.
I accussed him.
He looked at me and I think I saw tears in his eyes.
- I could never cheat on you. I can't hurt you like that. I love you.
- So, what were you doing with Adele ? In the drugstore ? I can't believe you. Bessy told me that you were there.
I said and I was ready to cry again. I couldn't handle it. Not anymore...
Gareth was now crying. Tears were coming down his face.
- I couldn't have cheated on you with Adele.
He said again as he was crying. My heart was now broken. What does that mean ? Was he drunk when that happened ? I asked him so.
- I was when it happened with Sergio. I know that this is not a justification but I could have never done such thing if I was sober. And there were a lot of opportunities for something like that to happen.
I said crying.
He didn't look at me but he continued crying.
- Jane, you don't understand.
He said and I hugged him.
- Explain to me then.
He cried harder.
- I couldn't have cheated on you with Adele, because...
- Because ?
- Because Adele is dead. She died the day before yesterday.
He said and I felt dizzy. I don't know what happened next. I'm pretty sure I fainted.