Chapter 78

I woke up the next morning. I hadn't slept good. Nightmares have woken me up a lot of times.... nightmares with Gareth, Ellen, Akon.....
Gareth.... I should call him. No way. We fought yesterday. And it was all my fault. I guess he won't want to see me again. I understand him. There's nothing worse than thinking that you come second to your own girlfriend. I knew I should eat something but my stomach was hurting badly. I just started drawing....... drawing always relaxes me..... I waited a lot of hours but..... Gareth never called. He hated me and so did I. I hated myself. After showering so that I could wake up I heard someone knocking on my door.
Gareth..... I thought but as I opened the door I got shocked. Mia was standing there. Her eyes red, paler than ever....
- What are you doing here ?
I asked her instead of hello.
- I wanted to talk to you.
- How did you know where I stay ?
I asked thinking that might Gareth have told her. But why to do so ?
- I'm a reporter Jane. It's easy to learn things.
She said staring down.
- What do you want ?
I asked her.
- I just wanted to look at you. Because I thought you were just a normal girl. But you're not. Normal girls are not that lucky. They can be but not as lucky as you.
- I don't understand.
- There's no need to. I do.
- Mia, I'm sorry for all the drama but I just want to be alone right now.
- I'll leave. I just need to tell you something.
- Fine....
I said looking at her.
- Don't you ever...ever Jane....I mean that.....don't you ever hurt Gareth.
- I could tell you the same.
I said as I thought about her being with Aaron but at the same time loving someone else.
- You don't get it.
She said her blue eyes locked on mine.
- Leave Mia.....
- I envy you. You are that girl. The girl that Sergio is in love with. I should have thought of it. But you fooled me.
- He's not in love with me and neither am I.
- You are so lucky....
She continued as if she had never heard what I have said.
- You are a psycho Mia. I should have thought of it but you fooled me as well.
- I won't see you again. I promise that. I'll leave you alone. But I want you to know something Jane. Always remember that the person you love and the person who loves you they are never the same person.
She turned to leave. I stared at her.... she was a psycho....indeed she was. The door closed behind her and I was alone.... again.

I tried not to think about Gareth and the fact that he hasn't called me yet. It was almost night. Tomorrow was the game against Portugal.... he maybe won't want me to go....
I watched blankly at the TV while eating some chips I had in my bag from my travel.... A movie caught my attention. A couple was breaking up....because his girlfriend upset him..... I was still wearing Gareth's jersey. Then a knock at the door reminded me that I should open.
I hope it wasn't Mia again. I didn't want to talk to her again......
- Gareth....
I said surprised as he was standing to my door. I hugged him and made him come inside my room.
- Jane...
He said breathing against me...
- I thought you were so mad that you didn't want to see me again.
I said crying in his hug.
- Stop it Jane.
- What ?
- Stop crying. I don't want to see you like that. It breaks my heart.
He said kissing me again and again.
- Are you mad ?
I asked him.
- Yes, you can't imagine how mad.
- I'm sorry.
- Why haven't you called ? I didn't know what to think I got really worried. Then Mia told me that visited you....she's a slut.
Gareth said taking my face in his hands. We both sat at the sofa and he started kissing my lips, my neck.....
- Why haven't you called ?
I asked him.
- Cause I thought you didn't want to talk to me.
He said.
- I didn't. I thought you hate me.
- I could never hate you Jane. I'm in love with you since the moment you first kissed me.....
Oh, that was not a long time ago.
- Only since that moment ? In your house if I'm not mistaken...... on our first date.
- That was not the first time you kissed me......
He said and I finally got it. It was when I was in high school and we once played truth or dare....
- You remember it.
I said surprised.
- I remember everything that you're included. Like the day you approved to be Sergio's girlfriend.
He said and he became sad.
- The biggest mistake of my life.... why can't you see that it's you I only want ?
I asked him and he finally smiled.
- You make me so happy Jane. You and only you.
- You too Gareth. You make my heart smile.