Chapter 28

Ellen and I went to my house. Dad was just shocked when he saw me with Ellen.
- I told you that I would come with Ellen for dinner.
I said as I walked into the house.
- But I saw you last night. No it was Ellen. You two were kissing in the car.
- Yes dad I'm a lesbian. You have to accept it.
I said. My parents were always old fashioned. My father would have killed me if I was really a lesbian. He had put great effort tonight. He and mom cooked dinner together. They rarely do these kind of things. If my boyfriend was other than Gareth they wouldn't even invite him for dinner. That's why I have always been so close with Ellen. My parents never support me. I hate that. I was always jealous when the other children had parents that cared about them, they buy them things because it's their birthday or because they did something great. My parents never did that. Well when I was young they used to buy me things for my birthday but when I turned 11 they stopped even doing that. The problem with them was that they were so old fashioned. They thought that I should be the best student but I dissappointed them in that. I never liked studying. I always liked drawing. It was my hobby but I was so good in that that I took it seriously wanting to do a carrer in that. My parents were always thinking that I wasted my time and their money but when teachers in school told them that I would do great things they changed their minds. They stopped complaining but at the same time they stopped giving me attention. I liked that. If I ever become a mother I would support my child in whatever he or she does. I swear.
- Nice dinner mr Smith.
Ellen said. My father never respond.
- Okay I don't believe you two girls are making out.
My mother said praying actually not to.
Ellen tried to hide a laugh. She didn't want to participate in that. But because she is the type of girl that when someone jumps off a cliff she jumps as well she did that to me as a favor. I wanted to make my parents go insane.
- My love could you please give me the salt ?
I asked Ellen and she gave me the salt immediately ready to burst out laughing.
- Thank you baby.
I said.
- Jane could you stop acting like that ? You're not five you know.
My mother said being extremelly mad at me.
- Exactly I'm not five could you stop telling me all the time what I should do ?
I asked her being mad as well.
- Jane I want to tell you something come in please.
Ellen said and went to the living room.
- I hope she won't break up with me because of you're behavior.
I said and went to the living room.
- Why the fuck don't you play the role you were supposed to play Ellen ?
- Because I find it completely stupid acting as if we two have a relationship. We are best friends.
- Yeah exactly and as my best friend can't you do this as a favor to me ?
- Jane they are hurt. They'd better die than to see their daughter being a lesbian.
- Why the fuck do you care anyway Ellen ? They are my parents and let me have some fun. Nobody is going to get hurt.
- Your mother is right. You do act like a five year old sometimes.
- Yeah supposedally you're the mature one in here ?
- Well yes..
She said. We looked at each other and started laughing because of how ridicullous the situation was. Of course I was acting like a five year old and Ellen was right.
- Okay I'll stop it I swear but Ellen come on their faces were just admirable when they saw you coming..
I said and laughed.
- Yeah you can laugh now but I want to see your face...
- My face ?
- Yes your face.... your face when...
- When....
I repeated and the doorbell rang.