Chapter 59

- And we'll do an exhibition so you can see all of our drawings.
I walked into the cafe. Brandon was talking to some clients about ? My drawings ? He was so desperate. And the fun fact was that I had only draw one glass except the broken one and he was talking about an exhibition so far ?
- Hi Jane.
He said as I entered the cafe.
- I didn't know we were opening earlier today.
I said to him.
- We didn't. I did because I wanted to show the clients your work but Jane we need more drawings. It's only one.
- We only decided that yesterday how was I able to draw more than one ?
- Well this is none of my bussiness.
He said his tone being sarcastic.
You are so fucked up Brandon.
- Anyway get extra time whenever you want to. Our clients can't wait.
I ignored him. During my shift I could hear Brandon discussing about my drawings several times with the clients.

The next couple of days I worked like hell in order to make as many drawings as possible. By the end of the week I had manage to make more than fifty. Brandon had to sell them but he hadn't sell a lot of them. But the good fact is that he gives me the money I deserve.

- Take your time Jane. You have the whole night.
Brandon said as he closed the door after him.
- Ausshole!
I shouted at the closed door when I made sure he has left. He has this sarcastic tone that I really hated! How dare he ? At least I was helping hus cafe.

After half an hour and while I was drawing the second pattern I heard something like keys in the door. I stopped what I was doing and tried to hear. Who was it now ? A thief ? The thought was scaring. I made my way slowly to the door and before I opened it Chloe came inside being frustrated.
- Jane!
She shouted scared.
- Chloe. What are you doing here ?
I asked my voice a whisper after the shock.
- I'm searching for my keys. I think I left them here. Have you seen them ?
She asked looking around.
- I don't think so.
I replied scanning the room with my eyes.
- What are you doing here Jane ?
She asked while searching.
- You know.... drawing.
- Oh yes.
She nodded.
- Don't mind. I'll search for them. If I'm lucky I'll find them otherwise I'll sleep here tonight.
She said smiling. I continued my drawing. After a while Chloe screamed that she found them.
- Lucky you.
I said.
She came closer to me.
- Isn't it a little bit late for that ?
She asked pointing out my drawing.
- I suppose it's not.
I said yawning. I really was tired.
- Jane.... okay it's none of my bussiness but I need to tell you something.
- Okay.
I said continue drawing. After a minute of silence I looked at her.
- So ?
I asked.
She was nervous. She was playing with her blonde hair not looking at me.
- I think you put too much effort in that and Brandon is trying to fool you.
I looked at her. Her brown eyes on mine. I already knew that Brandon was taking advantage of my work. Everyone knew that.
- I know that Chloe...
I said trying to understand what she was thinking.
- No you don't.
She said hesitating.
- So can you tell me ?
I asked her starting to lose my temper.
- Well yesterday not in your shift Brandon soll the glasses you have draw on.
She said looking at me.
- I already know that Chloe.
I said as I continued my drawing.
- No Jane you don't get it. You draw five drawings yesterday didn't you ?
- I think so.
- Well he sold all of them but he told you that he sold only two of them. It's not the first time he does this unfortunately and I know that it's none of my bussiness but I had been Brandon's victim a lot of times.
She continued without even taking a breath.
I looked at her without saying anything.... well this doesn't surprise me at all. I thought that he would so... He is Brandon in the end of the day...
- Thanks for the information Chloe.
I said not looking at her anymore.
- Aren't you mad ?
She asked confused.
- Not really.
I replied as calmly as possible.
- So you won't do anything about it ?
- No.
I said again. Of course I would do something I just didn't know what. And of course I was mad. I knew Brandon was an ausshole but this is unforgivable. He should pay for that.
- Jane ?
Chloe asked as I wasn't paying attention to her anymore.
- Everything's fine Chloe. Don't worry.
I tried to reassure her but she didn't seem to be convinced.
- Okay. I'm leaving. Night.
- Good night Chloe.
I should do something about this whole thing. I should make Brandon pay...