Chapter 118

Gareth's pov
- She has a headache and her tammy hearts.
- Maybe she's pregnat.
The guy in the drugstore said smiling.
- I'm afraid I don't know. I'm not her boyfriend.
I replied although the guy there was joking.
- Okay. She can take this pill.
He said and he gave it to me.
- Thanks.
I said and it was then that I've heard the crush.
And I looked outside.
A car has fallen in mine.
And she was inside.
Adele was inside.

I closed my eyes at this memory. I looked at my bed beside me. Jane was laying. She had fainted. It's logical. She couldn't handle what I told her. I shouldn't have. I can't handle it myself.
End of Gareth's pov

- I don't know what happened. I don't remember. I just fainted.
I explained to my parents and Ellen when Gareth brought me home after I had my senses again.
I looked at Gareth who was sitting at my bed having his hand in mine. He was worried. And I was lying. I clearly remember what happened before I fainted. I remember what he told me. How could I forget after all ? Adele was....no, I couldn't believe it. How could I ?
- Maybe we should call a doctor.
My mother said being worried as well.
- I think she's better now.
My father said smiling at me.
It was one of the few times that he was smiling at me.
- Maybe she needs some time with Gareth.
Ellen said looking at Gareth. My parents agreed. They left my bedroom and so did Ellen but before she whispered something at Gareth's ear, kissed me and left. I was so tired that I didn't have the courage to ask Gareth what Ellen told him.
- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you what happened.
Gareth said and I nodded closing my eyes.
- I'm the one to apologize.
I said my eyes still closed.
- Ellen told me that you were drunk.
He said kissing my hand.
- That doesn't change anything. And I would really appreciate it if you were yelling at me. I don't need your sympathy. Especially because I should be the one sympathizing you. I can't believe that Adele is....
My voice cracked. I couldn't finish my sentence. It was too much.
- It's over now.
He said and although he was trying to be calm his eyes were betraying him. They were wet.
- How did it....
- I went to take something from the drugstore for her because she was feeling sick. She waited at the car. Another car then.....
He couldn't finish. But there was no need. I got it.
- I'm so sorry Gareth.
I said and I was. I just couldn't believe that this was true. It was too much.
- You need to rest.
He said kissing my forehead.
- Stay with me please.
I begged him.
- I will. Don't worry.
He said and layed in my bed beside me.
- If you want sometime to think about us, I understand. I'll wait. I'll give you some space. And if you don't want to be with me again I will also understand but I'll never stop loving you Gareth. I swear. I love you. I know that you don't believe it but I love you.
- I believe you Jane. Ellen explained....
- Did you tell Ellen about Adele ?
I asked.
- I begged her to tell it to Akon. I can't do it.
He said closing his eyes.
- Have you burnt her body ?
I asked because I knew that that's what they did in England.
- Yes. At least she died in her hometown.
Gareth said hugging me tighter.
- And how's Bessy ?
I asked although that was the less important thing of all.
- She's seeing a psychologist. They were best friends since the first day of primary school. You don't know how many times I've heard this story.
Gareth whispered to me.
- Can you tell this story to me ?
I asked and he nodded.
- It all started in primary school.....
When the story ended I managed to fall asleep. I was tired because of the tears. And I think so did Gareth.

The next couple of days passed really slowly. Everybody in the university knew now about Adele's death. I have seen Bessy a couple of times and she's looking terrible. She misses her. Who wouldn't ? After all she was a nice girl. Gareth and I don't talk much about what happened between me and Sergio. And I haven't spoken to Sergio since then. It's better this way.
One day I saw Akon. He was all alone.
He looked at me while I passed. My heart was broken. I never liked Akon. I never liked his character and I could never forget what he did to Ellen. But that's the problem. He did that with Adele. The day I saw him he was crying. And I just sat beside him. Without talking. It's better not to talk sometimes. Silence says it all.
I thought that the worst have passed. It seemed like it because the weeks that followed were more quiet.
But I guess I was mistaken.
The worst is yet to come.