Chapter 76

I was mad. Really mad. Mad at Gareth that never mentioned Mia's feelings and how he was helping her steal my boyfriend. Mad at myself for thinking like that. I always liked Gareth even before we two date I don't know why he was helping Mia with Sergio. And then Mia's confesses. I can't believe she's in love with Sergio. Why ? She's a good girl and Sergio is just a guy that doesn't know what he want.
I finished my make up, looking myself again in the mirror. I wasn't going to discuss that with Gareth. Mainly because I was mad at him.
These high heels were too high and I'm already tall. I should change them. A knock on the door reminded me that Gareth was here to pick me up.
I opened the door and instead of his face I saw a bunch of flowers.
- Hello beautiful.
He said trying to kiss me but I just took the flowers.
- Thanks.
I said as he looked at me confused.
- So, are you ready ?
He asked.
- As you can see.
I said taking my purse.
- Let's go then.
He said not making another attempt to kiss me.
In the car he drove in silence looking at me worried. But I just ignored him. It was the best way. I really wanted to ask him why he did support Mia. Did he hate me ? But I couldn't ask. I had already told Mia not to so I had to do the same.

When we finally arrived Gareth introduced me to his teammates and they all made compliments to me although I didn't pay attention to them. I was afraid that Gareth would also get mad at me and I really didn't like the idea but I wasn't ready to talk to him yet.
- Don't you like the food ?
Gareth asked me when he noticed I wasn't eating or speaking.
- The food is fine. I just don't feel very well.
I said excusing myself heading toward the bathroom. I looked at the bathroom's mirror realizing I was pale. I should eat something. But I just don't feel like it. After a while Gareth opened the door caming inside women's bathroom.
- Man's the other door.
I said without looking at him.
- I worried about you. What's wrong with you Jane ?
- Nothing, I'm fine.
- It's me your talking to.
- Just leave me alone Gareth.
- Why are you acting like that ? Do you feel sick or is it something else ?
- Feelin sick.
- You're lying.
- Then if you know it, why bothering asking ?
- I don't get you Jane.
- I want to be alone.
- Fine.
He said leaving. A couple minutes later I went outside but he was not in the table anymore and so was not Mia.
- They are outside.
Aaron said as if he knew something. I walked outside and because Gareth was yelling at Mia I decided just to eardrop.
- What did you say to her Mia ? I won't ask you again.
- Are you kidding me ? I haven't spoken to her since you came!
Mia yelled back.
- Not now, I mean in the morning. She acts like this from when I get to pick her up and I'm sure it's all your fault because she wasn't like that yesterday.
- I didn't say anything to her. What should have I said to upset her ?
Mia said and I understood things were bad.
- What did you talk about in the morning ?
- Everyday things.
- Everyday things like what ? Like Sergio ?
Gareth screamed and I tried my hardest not to faint.
- No, of course not.
- So ?
- So, I don't know why you're yelling at me.
- Mia please if you had said anything that made her like that just say that to me so I know it's not my fault.
- I swear to God Gareth. You know me what could I have ever told her to upset her ? I barely know her.
- So why the fuck is she like that ?
- Why do you ask me ? How am I suppose to know ?
- I know exactly what you could have told her to make her feel like that.
- Okay, can you tell me then ? Cause I don't know and I would like to learn.
Mia said and I could understand she was starting to lose her temper. Mia didn't know of course and I didn't want her to learn but I could understand by Gareth's tone that he was going to tell her in order to understand what was wrong with me.
- Mia I'll ask you one more question and you should answer me otherwise I don't know how I'll react.
- Whatever....
Mia said and I think she was nervous. If only she wouldn't tell him about Sergio if he would ask her. She had promised me.
- Have you talked about Sergio ?
And it was then that I felt my entire world fall apart.