Chapter 60

Laying in my bed, looking at the ceiling not able to find a way to fix things. If I'm not mistaken and if Chloe was speaking the truth then the money I really had earned from the drawings not only are enough to pay one but two tickets. I could tell Brandon that I know what he was up to and then forced him to give the money I deserve. Then I could simply quit. But this is the problem. I don't want to quit. The fact that I found a job had not only to do with the fact that I wanted the money for the airplane tickets. I wanted to be financially independant amd have my own money. I was so anxious lately with all the shit I had to face. But the worst of all was that I had missed Gareth more than I wanted to admit. That was what I should do. Face Brandon. Although I simply knew that he was going to fire me. I couldn't threaten my own boss.

- You're silent. Have you talked to Brandon about what I told you ?
Chloe's voice made me woke up. I was now at work trying to focus on it.
- No.
I admitted.
She looked relieved.
- I'm not going to tell him that you told me that.
I replied trying to make her feel better.
- Thanks I really appreciate that.

But the days passed quickly soon the Euro would come to an end. Which simply means I'll lose my chance. A couple weeks after that I tried to talk to Brandon telling him I knew what he was up to. He declinied everything and said that if I make a scene again I'll be fired. I never mentioned anything again. A few days after that I had a terrible headache so I told Brandon that I couldn't work after my shift. For the first time in his life he was sympathetic and let me go home. On the way home I was cold. I searched for my jacket but it turn out to be that I had forgotten it in the cafe.
- Shit!
I screamed and made my way toward the cafe. When I approached the front door I realized it was open. Then I remembered that I wasn't the last one to leave and that Brandon maybe was still there. I went indide but it seemed like I was all alone. I searched for my jacket and when I found it I was about to leave. It was then that I heard someone coming from the stairs that went down the cafe. I had never been there. Brandon never allowed me neither Chloe. That was Kate's job. Kate was our other waitress. And there was she. Standing and looking at me with her mouth open in shock. It seemed like she was.... drunk ? She didn't seem to be well.
- Will you call the police ?
She asked and her hands were shaking. She looked uglier and more terrified than ever. Her red hair had nothing alive. She had freckles all over her body and her dark black eyes were staring at me without realizing what they were looking.
- Um no I guess I won't.
I responded not sure what was she talking about.
- Why did you came here ?
She asked her tone louder now.
- I just forgot my jacket and came to pick it up.
- You should leave.
She said looking at the stairs nervously.
- I will. What are you doing here ?
I asked her and she got pale.
- I come here often. I have bussiness to do.
- Bussiness ? You ?
I asked with an ironic smile on my face.
- You should leave Jane.
She replied ignoring me.
- What the hell are you doing Kate ?
A male's voice was heard from downstairs. Kate got a little more pale and then this man appeared.
- Did you bring another client ?
He said checking me out.
- No. She came to pick up her jacket.
Kate explained giving a look that meant something to the guy.
- She doesn't know.
The guy realized and I looked at his pocket. Drugs ? He had drugs in his pocket and..... oh my...
Kate saw where was I looking and understood.
- Maybe I should call Brandon.
She said going toward the stairs. So Brandon was involved in that. Now everything made sense. While she went downstairs I opened the door quickly and ran all the way to my house. Who knows what were they going to do to me now that I knew.... and it occured to me..... I would call the police or I could threaten Brandon with that.... Or I could do both.... And I would. I bet Chloe doesn't know anything. I would like to inform her what kind of things were happening during the night to our cafe....